Contract with Client
Legal, Industrial, Engineering, (Petro)Chemical
About this vacancy
An excellent opportunity for a driven legal professional to unlock its ambition and influence results at a very successful and growing global company.
Aalberts empowers their people to solve problems. Aalberts supports and develops them, stretches them to their limits, then take them a bit further. Always working together, because greatness depends on shared knowledge and shared skills. That’s why Aalberts is a great place to work.
Reporting to the general counsel of Aalberts head office in Utrecht you are a member of the global Aalberts legal & governance network and you will drive strategic legal and compliance projects in close cooperation with the international legal & governance team of Aalberts and the CEO and CFO of the Aalberts surface technologies business located in Kerpen.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for a driven legal professional to unlock its ambition and influence results at a very successful and growing global company. Aalberts is looking forward
to meeting passionate and result-oriented candidates to further grow and professionalise legal, (corporate) governance and compliance for:
- Their companies in the German speaking countries (DACH); and
- Their companies of Aalberts surface technologies globally.
Your role and responsibilities
As the legal director for Aalberts surface technologies you are part of the global Aalberts governance network, led by the general counsel, to further develop and strengthen the governance processes, compliance trainings and audits for all companies in the German speaking countries, and all companies of Aalberts Ssurface technologies globally;
- First point of contact for the ongoing compliance trainings including the Aalberts Integrity Academy e-learning for the relevant employees of your companies;
- Manage legal and commercial risks and coordinate with outside counsel to manage country-specific claims and disputes;
- Improve the corporate householding and legal management systems;
- Review, draft and negotiate large commercial agreements in English and German;
- Draft and develop contract standards, checklists and standard legal documents;
- Give solicited (and unsolicited) legal and compliance advice;
- Achieve excellent, cost-effective results through strategic matter management;
- Execute the governance plan for Aalberts surface technologies and help execute the governance plans of other businesses in the German speaking countries;
- Travel between our office in Kerpen and our HQ in Utrecht and the various Aalberts locations in the German speaking countries and the various locations of Aalberts surface technologies in Europe, the USA and Asia.
You will find Aalberts where technology matters and real progress can be made. Humanly, environmentally and financially. Since Aalberts’ inception in 1975, it instilled a philosophy of dedication to progress and entrepreneurship, and 46 years later Aalberts is a major international innovator who engineers mission-critical technologies for ground-breaking industries and everyday life. Aalberts is listed on the Dutch stock exchange Euronext in Amsterdam.
Aalberts is a diverse group of mission-critical people with multiple talents and many skills. With approximately 15,000 employees, Aalberts operates approximately 55 business locations and 80 service locations with activities in over 50 countries. They operate a lean and effective management structure, utilizing leadership networks to facilitate the growth potential of the company (aalberts.com).
Aalberts surface technologies (AaST), has about 6,000 employees worldwide and operates with 80 locations, of which 60 are in Europe, 18 in the USA and 2 in Asia. Aalberts surface technologies consists of independently operating companies in the sectors of heat treatment, surface treatment and precision machining. Each year the group provides high-level finishes to more than 200,000 different types of components, giving a total of more than 500 million individual parts per year for the different industries, such as mechanical engineering, automotive, electronics, electrical engineering, aerospace, power generation and medicine technology
- Being part of a winning team in a diverse and responsible position;
- Operate in a challenging international and entrepreneurial environment;
- Flat organisational structure with short lines of communication;
- Make a difference and impact the Aalberts organisation;
- Possibility to develop your personal and professional competencies with many career growth opportunities;
- Attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Work “the Aalberts way”.
You have practiced German law at a law firm for at least 5 years and have more than 10 years experience working with multiple disciplines in an international context. You also:
- Are fluent in German and English and have good communication and listening skills;
- Have a strong, persuasive and entrepreneurial personality;
- Take responsibility, are pragmatic and get things done by taking ownership;
- Perfectly fit with our company values “the Aalberts way”;
- Have good interpersonal skills, strong people orientation and sensitivity to cultural diversity;
- Have a structured way of working, ability to quick study and juggle multiple tasks;
- Want to contribute to Aalberts’ strategy 2018-2022 “focussed acceleration”;
- Know your way into corporate governance and international compliance regulations;
- Are an expert in German commercial contracting law and German corporate law;
- Have an excellent legal and compliance judgement, understanding key business interests;
- Have experience with managing outside counsel on a variety of matters;
- Can sell compliance to the business while ensuring that certain lines are never crossed.