Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
The IT Product & Technology Software (IT P&T SW) group within ASML is responsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software. The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (more than 3500 developers within multiple departments).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with new platforms, services and applications, we are looking for engineers to join our team. Together with our infrastructure team you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of infrastructure used by 3500+, and growing, software developers.
As a DevOps engineer in our team, you will be:
- Part of an Agile team, where you get to design, develop, deliver and automate our container platform and related service
- Interacting directly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge on containerization
- Empowered to make autonomous decisions with your team, and challenge your product owner, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
- Our in-house container platform is enabling our software developers to grow into the next generation of automation, building and deployment of applications and services.
- We’re constantly improving towards using CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-Code and Kubernetes to improve the build quality and iteration speed of our machine software and business applications.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Education and experience
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also, you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- You have Linux knowledge
- You are comfortable working at the intersection of Infrastructure and Software.
- You have an automation/pipeline mindset.
- You are an expert on container concepts and deployments (Rancher / Kubernetes is a pre)
- You are an expert on Azure cloud deployments (GCP is a pre)
- You are able to leverage high-level programming languages such as Python, Golang, Ruby
- You have experience with API development with the industry best practices in mind
- You have experience with automation tools, such as Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins and Packer.
- You have good understanding of basic infrastructure elements, such as networking (switches, firewalls, load balancing), DNS, DHCP, Directory Services, database
and storage solutions.
- You have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
Skills and experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast-paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.