Research & Development
Contract with Client
About this vacancy
YER is searching for one of the biggest companies within the poultry processing industry. Are you a DevOps engineer with a broad experience working on embedded systems in a Linux environment than this might be your new position.
You as a DevOps engineer will work within the R&D department of 30 specialists from Electronic engineers to Software Engineers. You will work directly with 5 developers (PLC, embedded) and an architect, at the moment they are building and integrating 70 machines in a completely new factory kind of like a greenfield project.
All the software they use they create themselves and is data driven, so everything is in-house based on a SOA architecture. You will at first be responsible for creating a CI/CD Plan and also creating the CI/CD Pipelines/environment, and you will develop value streams. You will be responsible for the whole environment of the R&D team (+/-30 users). What is challenging but also cool is that every time we have to deliver new environments for new factories worldwide.
Advanced technology helps to feed the world. That’s what our clients does best. Their 500+ talented team members provide poultry processors - all over the world - with fully digitized, smart solutions and services. All bringing in their expertise. From welder to engineer. From administration to sales. By working together, they are leading within the food processing industry.
The company is active in more than 90 countries across the globe. Their head office is based in Amsterdam in the Netherlands. They have offices in 10 + different countries, together with an extensive network of local agents and partners.
- Great salary based on your level, can go up till €80.000 gross annually
- 8% holiday allowance
- Travel expenses are covered
- A great pension plan
- 25 days off
- Able to work remote
- Work in an international environment
- Whenever it’s allowed again we do lots of social activities with the team
- Work mostly on new projects
- BSc. Computer Science of a similar education
- At least 2 years’ experience as a DevOps engineer
- Broad knowledge of Linux (dual boot systems) environments on embedded systems
- Experience with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, Bamboo, Circle CI etc.
- Setting up test environments for our clients
- Experience creating and optimizing the CI/CD Pipelines
- Scripting experience with Python or PHP
- Experience with Git, Ansible, Jira or Redmine
- Research and implement new tools
- Experience with asset management and Lifecycle management
- Have a good understanding of development languages like C/C++