Marketing & Communication
Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
About this vacancy
We are looking for an Internal Communications professional, well-versed in change management communications and with a special talent for coordinating the creation of impactful and creative communications that stimulate employee experience and engagement. You have a knack for understanding how employees perceive certain changes and how effective communication can guide people through change. A genuine team player, always focused on the bigger picture and driving key messages. It's a full-time, temporary assignment, beginning immediately and initially lasting for a year.
Do you have experience in communicating with a highly technical, detail-oriented audience? Do you know how to build and execute communications plans to support behavioral change, and do you have a talent for developing creative communications? Are you a team-oriented, proactive individual with a can-do-mentality who is passionate about how employees experience their (physical) work environment? Then we would like to talk to you!
Building a cutting-edge campus for a world leader in technology. ASML is currently transforming it’s Campus Veldhoven to offer an inspirational work environment for over 16,000 by the end of 2022. At the heart of the campus is the pride and energy of the ASML community, with efficiency, services, sustainability and well-being at its core. It is an environment that inspires, connects and energizes employees and visitors. It is hassle-free and supports easy access and mobility and a healthy work-life balance
As Communications Specialist you will be part of the Corporate Real Estate Projects team, led by the Director Projects. You work in close collaboration with the Senior Internal Communications Business Partner for Corporate Real Estate. You help to inform, engage and thrill employees of ASML Netherlands throughout the transformation to the future ASML Campus Veldhoven.
You will be part of a very engaged, driven and warm team of communication professionals. We welcome you to be part of this transformation, we welcome you to be part of progress.
Role and responsibilities
Your focus in this role is to help take the key messages for multiple campus subjects to the next level and coordinate the execution of our creative campus communications formats (such as a video broadcast and AR app). Writing powerful scripts is a proven skill of yours. You are an integral part of our engaged and driven Campus communications team, and help plan, execute, measure and evaluate communications initiatives and create written and multimedia content. In this role, your activities will touch colleagues throughout ASML. And of course, you have exceptional writing and communication skills (native English standard).
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies;
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- 3+ years' proven experience and track record in developing and implementing internal (change) communications plans in an international environment.
- Experience in working within the Corporate Real Estate, Facility management or Construction sector is preferable.
- Proven track record in hands-on development of powerful creative communications that positively impact attitudes and behaviors.
- Preferably within an engineering field and a strong affinity with the engineering mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of internal communication channels.
- Creativity: Shapes ideas and improves and makes ready for execution. Understands creativity as a concept and discipline to shape ideas and narrow down to functional essence. Selects right option(s) from limited set with ability to connect/judge if output is in line with ASML brand.
- Writing & Presentation skills, including internal news, scripts, scenarios, presentation support, stage work: Comfortable with writing style that effectively informs. Secure grasp of English spelling, grammar, writing mechanics and punctuation. Exhibits skills in writing, analyzes source material. Clear language and aware of what makes messaging resonate and shareable.
- Technology and Audience understanding: Has an affinity with technology, understands the engineering process and can tune communications to resonate with an audience known for its no-nonsense, plain speaking and ‘getting things done’ approach. Develops a good knowledge of general lithography plus some specialist fields.
- Critical thinking & analytical skills, deals with complexity, information processing: Awareness of complexity and actively seeks explanation. Regularly goes through ‘What if’ scenarios. Suggests potential solutions and works productively in the face of ambiguity.
- Planning & measurement abilities: Plans own work and assigned projects. Understands tools and technologies that drive data analysis and measurement and applies them. Starts prioritizing while executing plan. Recognizes power and relevance of measurement. Proposes metrics to improve. Builds measurement into plans and applies best practice measurement tools.
- Focus on delivering value, creating impact, delivering tangible business outcomes for ASML and (internal) customers: Aware of the communications objectives in assigned plans and realizes project deliverables as agreed based on approved demand. Intakes demand and advises how to execute and manage expectations. Takes initiative and responsibility to create a plan and drive the execution. Counsels others how to generate results vs. perform activities. Able to translate business objectives into clear, compelling, meaningful communications programs.
- ASML cultural sensitivity (multicultural, results driven, entrepreneurial, assertive, resilient, caring/inclusive): Checks if the activity is set up for a multicultural audience and meets our values. Drives adjustments to meet the standards of a multicultural audience and our values. Challenges the concept if it matches the needs of our multicultural audience. Ensures that the multicultural audience is involved in the project plan.
- Assertiveness, tenacity, goal orientation, focus on end-result (identify opportunities and agility to see alternative strategies to accomplish goals): Consistently meets the objectives of assigned tasks. Deals with complex tasks and sets high standards for own performance. Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results. Shows determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks. Adopts a flexible approach in addressing hurdles.
- Proactively share information (up & down), strong and effective communications: Communicates the status and completion of assignments in timely fashion. Clear, concise, professional and thorough in communication. Shares information without being asked, based on understanding of others’ needs. Practices active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding. Shares own knowledge and best-practices to assist others’ development.
- Successfully support change programs and projects: Be open to change and executes given tasks to support change programs. Understands why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization and can translate into recommendations in own area. Communicates to employees/stakeholders on why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization. Suggests effective approaches to create a safe/engaged environment for employees feedback and willingness to change.