Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Designs Controller platform features on function/subsystem level conform the departmental and project procedures and documentation, coding, test and verification guidelines. The job entails responsibility for independently organizing reviews of this design with colleagues, in addition to those with the function designer. The senior SW engineer responds to directions from the Function Responsible can act as or reflects with the function designer and acts in line with departmental and project processes. For day-to-day professional problems the senior SW engineer consults the Function Responsible or fellow SW engineers. Any potential failures to meet schedules are reported to the Function Responsible and suggestions are made for avoiding overruns. The position is for a long period, minimal 3 years, due to the long onboarding time needed.
The Controller platform is part of a multifunctional printer/copier/scanner and handles all generic platform activities on the multifunctional, e.g. OS, drivers, libraries, security, user management, system access, peripherals. These platform activities are part of the engine & so-called Controller software, which in its turn handles all logistic behavioral and storage processes.
- Responsible for the design to be made on feature or function level.
- Understands the implication the overall SW design/architecture has for this design and communicates issues regarding the feasibility of such a design within the constraints of the overall SW architecture. Especially performance and user interaction consequences are key factors.
- Communicates and interacts with client projects independently.
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
- Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-how for the Engineers in the team. Is responsible for input in the planning process.
- Inspires fellow engineers to get the job done.
Canon Production Printing Netherlands B.V., in Venlo, the Netherlands, employs around 1900 people. The main activities are R&D, manufacturing and logistics of large format, sheetfed and cutsheet printing systems as well as supporting consumables and spare parts. A number of staff departments support these activities.
To be discussed
- Has large expertise in used technologies (C# and C++); keeps it up-to date. Experience in working in teams. Experience in working in software and multi disciplinary teams. Experience in modern Software engineering methods (preferably agile) and processes.
- Higher Vocational of university education in Computer/Software science or equivalent and 8+ year working experience
- Has experience with Visual Studio
- Pre: (Some) knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place. Knowledge of design methods and engineering processes.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the relevant area of application, where necessary.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the used development environment / tools TFS).
- Good communicative skills