Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Introduction to the job
Is it your strength to figure out the best way to manufacture or service our machines in the factory and field? Do you understand how to influence a design and the requirements to avoid unnecessary production disruption and improve serviceability? Then the job of Manufacturing Engineer might be the one for you!
You will be working in the Industrialization department of the Mechanical Development cluster, where you are responsible for the work preparation needed to mechanically build and service our DUV and EUV machines in the factory and field. Your support structurally improves cycle time and system availability. Within our team, you will work with a focus on handling and transport. Your speciality will be in lifting tooling and actions, packaging and shipment solutions. You work mainly in Veldhoven but could be requested to support worldwide on your expertise area.
- Deliver input for manufacturability and serviceability of designs
- Gather input for manufacturing and field service from documentation
- Prepare work instructions for factory and service operations
- Presence on the clean room floor for testing, support and new product introduction
- Review system- and tool designs and release them to manufacturing and service after validation and testing
- Developer of training packages regarding work preparation in factory and in the field
- Troubleshoot for issues in factory/field for new products and provide on-call support.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Education and experience
Master or Bachelor degree within Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical or other similar education.
Preferably 2-5 years of experience in:
- a service or production environment with high-tech products and complex production processes
- scale up from design into volume production
- mechanical engineering and/or manufacturing
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Get-on and do it mentality
- Willing to get hands-on
- Interactive (many stakeholders) and group oriented.
- Adaptive to changes and flexible in priority setting.
- Proactive (engage to prevent issues before they arise).
- Willing to travel several times a year for 1-2 weeks.