Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
We are looking for an enthusiastic DevOps Engineer for their team in Delft. This firm builds medical device software. Their software is used by orthopaedic surgeons around the world to get a better understanding of patient cases and improve the planning of their operations. Their systems run in the cloud and need 100% uptime. Working in a young team of inquisitive developers with experts in several fields. Their dev-team consists of scientific researchers / developers, a security guru, an UX Designer, Computer Graphics Specialists, Pythonistas, Deep Learning aficionados, HTML/CSS/JS connoisseurs and WebGL virtuosos.
What will you do:
Our clients software stack grows, we need a specialist DevOps engineer to set up new environments and keep the existing ones healthy.
You will own this process from start to finish and will continuously look for opportunities for improvement together with the rest of the team.
Some things you will learn about and do when working at this organization;
- Software Development Lifecycles in strictly regulated environments (Which is a lot more fun than it sounds!). You will learn how to stay creative and productive, whilst being compliant.
- Make mistakes. We all do, that is how we learn. Making mistakes is part of the job, it is what makes us grow.
- Manage developer services.
- Application deployments.
- Build underlying infrastructure
- Monitor for errors, outages, and breaches.
- Set up automated workload scaling.
- Centralize authentication and authorization.
- Interface and integration with their other sites’ systems.
- Directly contribute to software that is alleviating pain and restoring mobility in a global patient population.
- Experience with Azure and Azure DevOps.
Who are we looking for:
DevOps is not just your job, it is not just another hobby, it is your passion. You automate everything you can. Scalability is your middle name, and you adapt easily to new environments and challenges. You know the ins and outs of Kubernetes, and if there is a secret to unveil, you will make yourself an expert in no time. You get excited by a challenge and thrive on finding simple solutions to complex problems.
You are a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing. You know how to convey issues and your solutions. This role may at some point lead to a leadership position in the local IT management team where you would need to communicate with both tech savvy and less technologically experienced people.
This organization is a leading medical device manufacture. Together with healthcare professionals, they help millions of people to live better lives.
Our client is Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, USA, this company is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. They design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; spine, bone healing, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products.
They collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Their products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, they help millions of people live better lives.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Extensive experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g., Kubernetes, containers, networking, filesystems, email servers, Redis, logging, monitoring, alerting, service meshes, git).
- Extensive experience with software builds and releases.
- Experience with managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. GitOps).
- Ability to identify software problems and communicate those effectively to the development team.
What our client offers:
- An open and informal team of young, yet experienced colleagues.
- A strong focus on quality and craftsmanship.
- They challenge you to venture out of your comfort zone, so you can learn new things and develop both your hard and soft skills.
- Extensive guidance. They love to learn from each other. They do this on a day-to-day basis. The firm also organize knowledge hours occasionally, where one of them presents something interesting, like a new framework, a method on stress-free work, or a deep dive in neural networks.
- The right tools to get the job done, be it hardware or software.
- Company stock program.
- Time for your family. They do not like working overtime. If they all do their jobs well, it is simply not needed. Therefore, they rarely get themselves in the situation where they must crunch in late hours or weekends.