Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
PACCAR is working on a global project to develop and integrate a connectivity solution to support PACCAR Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) including Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric vehicles (PHEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). This will allow PACCAR access to real-time ZEV vehicle data such as vehicle location, state of charge & state of health of the batteries, estimated range and other key metrics that will be communicated through PACCAR Solutions or DAF Connect (the existing connected services portals in the US and EU) to the end customer or user, servicing dealer & relevant third parties.
PACCAR is looking for a team of experts that will support the architecture and design for this new initiative. The overall solution is not expected to be a greenfield and will build on and adapt existing solutions, as such there will be continuous interactions with existing suppliers to ensure continuity and learning from the existing solutions. This will also help the existing suppliers get familiar with the emerging solution architecture, technical design & requirements through the design phase and their feedback will be incorporated in the overall solution.
- Definition of the overall architecture of the ZEV connectivity solution
- Translate business or customer/stakeholder functional and non-functional requirements into a (project) content for the own field of expertise and in line with the relevant vision, roadmap and reference architecture.
- Finding the best tech solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders
- Defining features, phases, and solution requirements
- Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered
- Participate in technology selection
- Present and advice on proposals to all relevant stakeholders and facilitate directional decision making
- Document and get approval for the overall architecture
- Support the development teams and monitor the contents and design of the defined sub-systems against the requirements and project deliverables and take or initiate corrective actions if needed
- Analyze and identify the root cause and adapt the design of the system accordingly in case problems are identified that go beyond the boundaries of one sub-system or function
- Define and document the overall architecture for PACCAR’s ZEV connectivity solution
- Ensure that the architecture address the functional and no-functional requirements (such as infrastructure, scalability, availability, reliability, maintainability security etc.) of the solution
- Where necessary supports and monitors the process of development and keeps PM and other stakeholders informed about the progress
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor’s degree (University or HBO+) in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- Business analysis and DevOps
- Sound IT knowledge (IT infrastructure, cloud development, databases, operating systems, coding languages, etc.)
- Efficient communication skills (fluent in spoken and written English)
- Deep analytical skills
- Project and resource management skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Work collaboratively
- Influence and negotiate