Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Do you want to work in the Zero Emission Vehicle team of DAF Trucks N.V.?
- Definition of the Architecture and Functional Design for the electrified powertrain subsystems and components, and ensure the implementation of these information and integrated into the EV Connectivity framework
- Defining EV connectivity requirements, connectivity related signal interface architecture and requirements allocation to vehicle systems and EV components (e.g. Battery Management, On Board Charger, Charging Communication and Control, EV/EVSE interface, Vehicle control etc.)
- Work closely with the DAF Product Development team to align and ensure that the architecture and design are embedded in the overall ZEV architecture.
- Delivering connectivity related functional design specifications for the vehicle systems, and EV components for PACCAR’s ZEV connectivity solution
- Problem analysis and judgement/specification of requested process and/or system enhancements
- Keep up to date with relevant automotive developments in the area of ZEV and connected services
- Define and document the Architecture and Functional Design for the vehicle systems, and EV components for PACCAR’s ZEV connectivity solution
- Ensure the implementation of Architecture and Functional Design into the EV Connectivity framework, meeting the functional and no-functional requirements of the involved stakeholders
- Coordinate the implementation and integrations of the EV Connected services related vehicle systems and components.
PACCAR is working on a global project to develop and integrate a connectivity solution to support PACCAR Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) including Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric vehicles (PHEV) and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV). This will allow PACCAR access to real-time ZEV vehicle data such as vehicle location, state of charge & state of health of the batteries, estimated range and other key metrics that will be communicated through PACCAR Solutions or DAF Connect (the existing connected services portals in the US and EU) to the end customer or user, servicing dealer & relevant third parties.
PACCAR is looking for a team of experts that will support the architecture and design for this new initiative. The overall solution is not expected to be a greenfield and will build on and adapt existing solutions, as such there will be continuous interactions with existing suppliers to ensure continuity and learning from the existing solutions. This will also help the existing suppliers get familiar with the emerging solution architecture, technical design & requirements through the design phase and their feedback will be incorporated in the overall solution.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor’s degree (University or HBO+) in EV related information technology (such as Electrical-, Electronics-, Mechatronics-, Automotive-engineering)
- Proven experience in requirement engineering, vehicle architecture and functional design
- Knowledge of (EV) vehicle network protocols such as CAN and Ethernet
- Knowledge of CAN architectures, CAN messages, Standards (AUTOSAR, J1939, ..) and vehicle safety and security.
- Knowledge of embedded vehicle software
- Previous project management experience, especially in the automotive domain, is advantageous
- Affinity with the latest automotive IT developments (Electrification, Connectivity, Vehicle Architectures, EV related Vehicle systems, …)
- Efficient communication and negotiation skills (fluent in spoken and written English)
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer oriented
- Pro active and anticipating work ethics
- Work collaboratively