Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Are you eager to further develop your technical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? Are you ready for your next challenge, want to be proud of team achievements and to be part of the progress? If so, then a job of Platform SW Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
The Platform SW Engineer will join one of our scrum teams to create state-of-the-art software solutions. Your mission will be to develop and maintain software facilities that are used by all software components within an Scanner System. You will collaborate with users on the functionality design and contribute to the software realization including design, testing and documentation by applying agile way of working.
Together with a talented team you will work on enhancing, managing and maintaining the operating systems, network and storage solutions. It includes the reducing a number of manual actions required, enhancing security, providing a higher availability and creating and configuring the Linux operating system using Python.
Context of the position:
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. Within D&E, the Software Cluster is concerned with the design, development, testing and integration of the complete software package which drives a generation of ASML products. Inside the Software Cluster, the department Software Infrastructure and Computer Systems (SICS) is responsible for the integration and releasing of newly developed platform software, often in close cooperation with the electronics development department. This SICS platform drives a generation of several ASML products. You will be part of a software development team within the SICS department.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Technical University Bachelor or University of applied sciences Bachelor (HBO) in a Computer Science or a related technical field
- At least 3 years’ of relevant working experience in complex technical environment
- Solid experience as a Linux developer or equivalent within a high tech, enterprise environment
- Experience in configuring, using and debugging network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, NTP and NFS, WindRiver
- Experience in working with large code bases and configuration management systems (e.g. GIT, Artifactory)
- Knowledge of continuous delivery process and technologies (GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira)
- Experience in creating high level designs and writing documentation.
- Experience with hardware architectures like x86, PPC, GPU
- Working in Agile environment (Scrum/SAFe, MVP thinking)
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive attitude
- Enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
- Business awareness (ability to translate value based discussions into technical deployments)
- Able to work in dynamic environment
- High degree of autonomy
- Fluent English
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
Keywords: Linux, Python, network technologies, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, NTP, GIT, Jenkins