Contract with Client
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
The opportunity to kick-start your career in HR within a dynamic and international work environment with room for own initiatives and short lines of communication. This HR role provides an opportunity to progress your career in a successful and international leading company with a start-up mentality, a flat organizational structure with short decision lines and an Agile environment, Swisscom. An organization which makes major investment in new technologies.
As HR Business Partner for the DevOps Center, located in Rotterdam, you will together with the Head of Operations and another dedicated HRBP build up a powerful HR team. You will implement and shape all local and overreaching HR processes to develop the best and coolest DevOps Engineers as well as support with all HR administrative and HR operational activities Scaling Up in coming 2 years.
Your responsibilities will be a combination of strategic HR and (hands-on) operational HR duties.
Various aspects of HR include but are not limited to:
- Employer Branding & Employee Retention programs in collaboration with HQ;
- Cooperate in streamlining and supporting the On-/Off-boarding process;
- Employee Health & Wellbeing initiatives which include prevention and sickness management as well managing employee absences and/or frequent illness;
- Transformation support & organizational development in coordination with HQ;
- Draft policies to ensure harmonious treatment of all employees and address Legal & labour law issues;
- Define and establish HR processes to be efficient and support the employees throughout their life cycle;
- Talent Development, including coaching, education and training programs;
- HR Services and administration which includes overseeing payroll activities, compliance to local labour laws, implementing changes to employment conditions or staff manual.
Swisscom is a leading Telecom and ICT company, headquartered in Switzerland. Swisscom plays a pioneering role in digitisation, makes major investment in new technologies and wants to become the best, the coolest and the most competitive DevOps shop in Europe deploying and releasing all their software Cloud Native, Agile and in DevSecOps modes. They have over 20,000 employees and have about 1500+ IT experts / Software Engineers and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing best quality services.
Swisscom offers mobile telecommunications, fixed network, internet and digital TV solutions for business and residential customers. They are also one of the largest providers of IT services in Switzerland. They develop and maintain the wireless and wireline network infrastructure, distribute broadcasting signals and are also active in the banking, energy, entertainment advertising and healthcare sectors.
To complete their mission and to be attractive for the best talents, Swisscom has established DevOps Centres both in Rotterdam and Riga.
By the end of 2021, Swisscom will have a team in Rotterdam of 250 people, joining from more than 38 different countries. On top of that, Swisscom has the ambition to have a team of 500 experts by 2025 all located at the prime business location, the WTC in the centre of Rotterdam.
In addition to an inspiring dynamic and international work environment, Swisscom offers room for own initiatives and highly values and short lines of communication. The remuneration package is attractive and contains e.g. good base salary and secondary employment conditions.
Training will mostly be on the job, but can be supplemented by external training courses as required.
- Master's Degree;
- 7-10 years of experience as HR Business Partner in NL, preferably in a technical/ IT organization;
- Strong knowledge of Dutch labour law including employment regulations;
- Strategic HR expertise with a pragmatic approach;
- Start-up mentality with a willingness to enter a situation where the processes have not been established yet;
- strong communication skills and convincing, solution-oriented consulting skills in complex situations, analytical skills;
- Excellent level of proficiency in English and Dutch language, German is an extra.