Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you the specialist at CAE/FEM that we are looking for at DAF Trucks in Eindhoven?
- Give support and advice to design engineers (within DAF and external parties) to optimize frames, component parts and fixation of lighting systems for various projects.
- Initiate reports and presentations to archive results in an unambiguous way.
- Development and optimization of methods and procedures to achieve more accurate predictions.
- Support of knowledge projects and advanced technology projects with external partners.
Your technical knowledge and analysis skills are very important for the continuous improvement of DAF vehicles. You work in close cooperation with Testing and Design engineers as well as other CAE specialists (within DAF and external parties).
At the Product Development department of DAF Trucks within the Chassis group, we are looking for a CAE Specialist for Frames and Components.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Profound knowledge of Abaqus, Hyperworks and Matlab. (linear and non-linear).
- Knowledge of FE-safe and/or FEMFAT is preferable.
- Furthermore, knowledge of commercial vehicles, vehicle dynamics and durability/fatigue principles.
- Excellent knowledge of English language (verbally and in writing). Preferably also knowledge of Dutch language.
- Strong reporting and presentation skills.
- Proactive attitude and able to implement improvements within design constraints (pragmatic approach).
- Strong character and enthusiastic performer with a very flexible attitude.
Education: Master degree in mechanical engineering. 1-2 years working experience with above-mentioned tools.