Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
High Tech, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Not scared to structure data of systems that handle 52 million parcels per day? Contact us!
As a Splunk developer, you will collaborate with subject-matter experts (SMEs) to understand business requirements on KPIs definition and visualization. You will be responsible for developing and deploying dashboards based on these requirements. Besides developing dashboards in Splunk frontend, you will know how to create data models to ensure the high performance of Splunk apps. You will work closely with data engineers in the product team to optimize how data shall be stored and indexed on VI Splunk Platform to ensure the Splunk apps with high performance. You will proactively share your best practice with the rest of the team on how to build Splunk apps.
Your responsibilities, you:
- Will work together with SMEs to understand KPI definition and implement KPIs in Splunk.
- Will work closely with UX designer to create front-end layout and KPI’s visualization in Splunk.
- Will collect feedback and always search for opportunities to improve the existing standardized product.
- Will identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve the performance of search queries, such as by creating data models, together with data engineers.
- Will define and create unit test cases for test pipeline of Splunk app.
- Have experience or have ambition to learn how to design and build a CI/CD pipeline, including (integration) test automation for Splunk app. In this process, you strive for an ever-increasing degree of automation.
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market, our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast-growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory team!
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (excellent remuneration, depending on level of expertise)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent with relevant work experience is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Splunk. Knowledge of Splunk Infrastructure is preferred
- Hands-on experience in building dashboards in Splunk
- Programming in Python
- Hands-on experience on CI/CD, Data/Code testing (e.g., Bamboo, Artifactory, Git)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Microservice knowledge such as Kubernetes is preferred.