Lage Mosten 17, Breda
Contract with Client
Logistics & Transportation
About this vacancy
Are you experienced with reporting and controlling, and would you like to work within an international, challenging environment? Then this is your chance!
For Vroon, YER would like to get in contact with a Corporate Reporting Specialist. In this position, you are responsible for the consolidation of financial figures for the Vroon Group. You will be part of the Corporate Accounting team and will be based in Breda. You work in close cooperation with Operational accounting, Controlling and Treasury departments Vroon-wide and with their external auditors.
Most important tasks and responsibilities:
- Checking the accuracy and completeness of the information and analysing the financial figures
- Preparing and reviewing the statutory accounts of the Vroon Group and its subsidiaries. This includes keeping track of changes in rules, regulations and industry norms worldwide.
- Developing and improving the Vroon accounting policies and prepare proposals for quality and process improvement of consolidation and reporting.
Vroon is a worldwide shipping company. Their vision is to be recognised as a premier shipping company active in a number of specialised and commodity-type shipping segments. Vroon's mission is to provide seagoing transportation services and engineering and support solutions that are reliable, sustainable, cost-effective and enable their customers to be successful. Vroon is active (through various subsidiaries and under different brand names) in the following business segments: livestock carriers; offshore-support vessels; offshore maintenance and engineering services; dry-cargo vessels; container vessels; product tankers; high-heat tankers; car carriers and vessel-management services.
Vroon has a family culture, with direct short reporting lines. With headquarters located in Breda (the Netherlands), Vroon employs about 3,000 professionals in offices around the world and on board a diverse fleet of approximately 130 vessels. From their Breda head office, approximately 120 staff support the company’s activities.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business Economics, Accounting or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position or within an audit firm.
- Good knowledge of Dutch Gaap and general knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience with MS Dynamics AX and CaseWare is preferred
- Strong analytic skills, result oriented, accurate, focused on achieving deadlines and able to deal with pressure
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in English and Dutch