Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an R&D Technician at our state-of-the-art facilities in Weert (near Eindhoven).
- Supports product and/or process development projects as part of the R&D team.
- Respect the lifesaving rules, SHE safety principles and internal guidelines for a safe working environment.
- Run experiments, prepare test samples, and conduct physical property and/or chemical testing.
- Plan independently and perform material testing of raw materials.
- Operate, calibrate and write programs for various pieces of pilot production and test equipment.
- Record data, report outcomes, draw conclusions from the test results and report back to the test requestor.
- Develop and introduce ideas and efficiency proposals.
Nemho is the home of the Group R&D of the Broadview Materials companies Arpa, Formica, Homapal, Trespa and Westag and has headquarters in Weert, The Netherlands.
With combined sales of EUR 1.2 billion the companies have a leading position in the global market for surface materials. They currently employ around 6,500 employees worldwide. The core product is high pressure laminates (HPL). Applications range from façade cladding to kitchens, design furniture, doors and retail interiors. Continuous investment to develop new and innovative products is a key part of our strategy.
- 2-5 years experience in a similar job role
- Vocational training (or a B.Sc.) in a relevant field, such as chemistry
- Knowledge of equipment or workshop tools and measurement methods
- Professional English skills
- Knowledge in measurement methods
- MS Office knowledge, including Excel
- Systematic working style and drive for results