Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop test methods, create test protocols, execute development and verification tests, analyse measurement data and report test results.
You will significantly contribute to the verification of innovative consumer products on safety and quality aspects.
You are responsible for
- Review, comment and propose on product requirements to ensure testability and “design for test”
- Assisting the development lead to create smart test designs regarding feasibility (costs, timing, quality, location)
- Translating product requirements into test equipment requirements
- Establish and maintain verification methods and tools
- Tests and measurements execution and reporting
- Analysing and post-processing of measurement data
- Contribute to functional continuous improvement plan and knowledge base.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
You are a part of
The Test and Verification group, a group within the product development Department of the Innovation Site Eindhoven, located at the center of the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. The T&V group consists of approximately 30 people, highly flexible, dynamic and multi-cultural. You will work on the verification of newly developed Intense Pulse Light Photo epilation hair removal products in the female beauty business category, together with functional developers, product architects and quality assurance managers. You will report functionally to your assigned project manager and hierarchically to the Group Lead Test and Verification.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Technical background, preferably mechatronics. Needs certainly an understanding of mechanics, electronics and software to use and improve test and measurement equipment
- 1-5 years of experience in the field of test and verification within product development
- Experience related to the development and testing of medical (FDA regulated) products is preferred. (ISO 13485, 21CFR820)
- Practical, with a strong hands-on mentality, also able to manage and delegate tasks when necessary
- Good project management skills, ability to work in a structured and transparent way by defining working packages, and appropriate status reporting;
- Fluent written and verbal English skills as this is the primary language in the office
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Quality mindset and comfortable with documentation; understands what an objective evidence is
- Experience with DFSS green belt techniques is a plus
- Understanding of optical measurements and equipment is a plus.
In return, we offer you
A chance to serve a bigger purpose: The work you do every day contributes to innovative health technologies and solutions that help improve billions of lives every year, even yours. This creates unexpected moments when your work and personal
life come together in meaningful ways.