Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
For our client, we are recruiting a Research and Development Engineer.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Supports product and/or process development projects as part of the R&D team.
- Respect the lifesaving rules, SHE safety principles and internal guidelines for a safe working environment.
- Run experiments, prepare test samples, and conduct physical property and/or chemical testing.
- Plan independently and perform material testing of raw materials.
- Operate, calibrate and write programs for various pieces of pilot production and test equipment.
- Record data, report outcomes, draw conclusions from the test results and report back to the test requestor.
- Develop and introduce ideas and efficiency proposals.
For our client with combined sales of EUR 1.2 billion the companies have a leading position in the global market for surface materials. They currently employ around 6.500 employees worldwide. The core product is high pressure laminates (HPL). Applications range from façade cladding to kitchens, design furniture, doors and retail interiors. Continuous investment to develop new and innovative products is a key part of our strategy.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- 2-5 years experience in a similar job role
- Vocational training (or a BSc) in a relevant field such as chemistry
- Knowledge of equipment or workshop tools and measurement methods
- Professional English skills
- Knowledge in measurement methods
- MS Office knowledge including Excel
- Systematic working style and drive for results