Research & Development
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Our print systems are built for diverse markets as mid- and high volume printing in both small and wide format printing in colour and black & white. The development of products is organized in project teams.
As a hardware (test) engineer, you are challenged to improve, and assess, the quality of the developed R&D printer systems. Equipped with hands-on experience in function and system development and engineering, and your knowledge of the working methods in the hardware domain you work very closely together with your colleagues in the hardware functions. You are actively involved in design reviews about function requirements and FMEA´s (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis). Checking function and system requirements by testing yourself or help in function verification testing with focus on quality, functionality and durability aspects. You are up-to date with respect to the actual function quality status that is provided by the hardware functions before each regular quality status system test, the so-called total test. During total testing and your own developed function and system verification/stress testing, you like to add value to the overall quality status by discovering quality issues as early as possible that need to be improved by the functions in order to rise the quality of the developed system and preventing cost of non-quality in later project stages (internal; external failure costs).
- Are a key player in the Q-team, led by the Quality Lead, of an R&D project with a flexible project schedule.
- Have the overview on the actual quality status of all project related hardware functions (short term quality) and their durability aspects (reliability, long term quality).
- Influence the quality by joining requirement reviews, by reviewing function verification testing (plans and & execution), and by executing own verification/stress testing.
- Prepare and execute total tests with focus; on interface aspects between hardware functions.
- Are on top of field quality issues in your domain (in both technical and from customer perspective).
- Are co-developing the quality processes and awareness within the R&D project.
This company is located in Venlo, the Netherlands, employs around 1900 people. The main activities are R&D, manufacturing and logistics of large format, sheet fed and cut sheet printing systems as well as supporting consumables and spare parts. A number of staff departments support these activities.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
We are looking for someone that is experienced in hardware function development and engineering. It is a challenge for you to find design and robustness flaws as early as possible during the development trajectory of our components/functions/ projects. You characterize yourself as a team player, good communicator, quality driven, and customer oriented. Thereby, you know the hardware development and engineering working methods by heart, and you are not afraid to challenge others to reach higher function and system quality.
- 10 years of experience in R& D and experience in product development and engineering in; multi-disciplinary high-tech environment.
- Professional with at least Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of mechanics, electronics, and embedded software (preferably mechatronics).
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English. Dutch; German is a big plus.
- Design for six sigma experience and professional; test competencies are a pre.
- A positive drive with good communication; skills to persuade others with your independent quality view.
- Can-do; professional, able to create; verified and validated on-demand solutions.
- Permissioned to work in the Netherlands.
- You´ll be working with in a team of 4 domain experts. You'll be the one focusing on mechanical hardware.