Research & Development
Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
As part of the increasing demand for our services at our location in Weert (NL), we are currently looking for a QA Officer Projects Full-time.
The QA Officer Projects effectively performs activities of moderate variety and complexity to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. They exercise independent judgement in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain results and ensure that products that are released comply with all requirements, inclusive of internal and external regulatory requirements. The QA Officer reports to the Team Leader QA.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Quality management program: Advises, monitors, and supports all employees regarding the implementation of the quality policy. Supports and investigates the root cause(s) of nonconformances and initiates corrective/preventive actions to reduce reoccurrence. Coaches other employees (within and outside the department) from a quality point of view. Investigates customer complaints and nonconformance issues.
- Standard operating procedures/working instructions: Collaborates with or leads the review and update of procedures (standard operating procedures and working instructions) and forms and draws up questionnaires and/or training procedures. Checks whether procedures are complete, clear, and in accordance with the Eudralex/ICH Q7 Good Manufacturing Practice for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients guidelines.
- QA Releases Carries out independent checks needed for QA release and performs the release or rejection of produced intermediate and end products, equipment, and (where appropriate) received materials, such as chemicals. Ensures that critical and major defects/deviations, changes, customer complaints, or returned materials are documented, investigated, and handled in accordance with applicable procedures.
Symeres is one of the leading chemistry CROs in Europe, with over 500 scientists at six locations (Nijmegen, Weert, and Groningen in the Netherlands; Prague in the Czech Republic; Oulu in Finland; and Södertälje in Sweden). We provide a range of services to support small-molecule drug discovery and development projects for biopharmaceutical companies in the USA, Europe, and Japan. Our key areas of expertise are synthetic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, parallel chemistry, and chemical process R&D for clinical trials.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Symeres. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in an R&D function or a chemical industrial work environment (e.g., analysis, production).
- High level of initiative, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Good written and oral communication skills (at least in Dutch and English).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Working knowledge of cGMP in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment preferred.