Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
High Tech, Engineering, Logistics & Transportation, Industrial, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Within Vanderlande, the Customer Centre Warehousing Solutions International (CC WS INT) is active throughout the world, you are part of the IT Services department. The department consists of IT service consultancy, IT architecture, IT project management and IT service management who work together to make sure IT systems and services are fit-for-purpose and available around the clock for our customers to use.
Our customers are increasingly recognizing the importance of IT services throughout the life cycle of a system. Our Material handling solutions are evolving in size and complexity, increasingly productized and become more modular on all levels (equipment, software and IT hardware), which leads to a growing importance of our IT services.
You will be responsible for all IT service solutioning and delivery management activities for a selection of our customers (typically 2-5 customers; depending on size and complexity).
You work closely together with the Service contract manager, who is budget responsible for a service contract. In collaboration with potential onsite and remote teams (both 3rd party and Vanderlande support groups) you will ensure the delivery of day to day operations, supporting the end to end life cycle of IT services for production and test systems which are mission critical for your customers (eg Warehouse management and controls systems, software functional module controllers, Servers, Clients, Databases, PLCs, IPC’s and critical customer and 3d party interfaces).
Your day to day activities will consist out of:
- drive sales and delivery of IT services for the customers in your portfolio
- manage all internal and external stakeholders and departments, manage risk, issue and expectations
- corrective support on (major) incidents, problems, changes and manage the lifecycle of the IT Systems
- drive service and systems improvements and identify improvement opportunities
- You are not afraid to stand up and back your own ideas. Your commitment to a seamless customer experience is what drives you!
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems are capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. Its systems are active in more than 600 airports including 12 of the world’s top 20. More than 52 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and retailers have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The demand for Vanderlande’s industry-leading life-cycle services has also grown significantly in recent years, with more than 150 site-based teams operating for its customers around the world.
Vanderlande has more than 7,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Vanderlande. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Freelancers also welcome to apply
As IT Service Delivery Manager you are a team player with a positive, energetic attitude and work ethic and have a strong customer focus with an ambitious drive for continuous improvements.
- You are an excellent communicator who can develop long term business relationships and/or networks, combining your “soft” and “hard” skills to achieve results without having the hierarchical responsibility for the teams;
- Commercially aware, understand and able to manage risks, drive to identify and pursue opportunities;
- You perform well under pressure (escalations, major incidents), set priorities and manage time effectively;
- You have finished at minimum (and preferably relevant) bachelor degree;
- You have good communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- You have at least 3 years of relevant IT project or service management experience within business-critical IT environments (no IT workplace/office automation); preferably client facing towards an external customer
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes (ITIL, BISL, ASL or other) preferably on Intermediate level and software development knowledge is preferred;
- Ability to travel 20-30% of your time.