Secondment via YER, Contract with Client
High Tech, Manufacturing, Industrial
About this vacancy
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast growing company? Are you challenged by contributing to the implementation of our Global Enabling Services - Financial Services team within ASML, are you looking for a next step in your career and would enjoy taking up the challenge of enabling ASML business to achieve its objectives while being in control?
We are looking for you!
A professional who makes the difference because it’s in your nature to standardize, simplify and ensure E2E business processes are in control.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in an exciting era of automation, digitalization, robotics and data mining, enabling ASML’s future growth and its success.
ASML has launched its transformation towards Global Enabling Services (GES) to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around E2E processes. Finance is the first mover soon expected to be followed by other services. Within Finance we have established the E2E cycles, Financial Services, Supplier Financial Services, Customer Financial Services and Employee Financial Services.
To realize our ambition we are looking for a Financial Controller to strengthen our Financial Services (FS) team responsible for the product costing and accounting related to inventory and manufacturing for ASML globally.
As Financial Controller, you will bring hands-on and pragmatic expertise and know how to ensure the right accounting and drive continuous improvements as well support the transition to our future ERP system.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Together with the team, responsible for worldwide inventory & manufacturing
- Ensure appropriate accounting around inventory and manufacturing
- Accounting and operational execution of Complex Supplier Contracts
- Accounting and operational execution of Purchase Price and Exchange Rate Variances
- Accounting and operational execution of External repairs and variances
- Preparation of applicable disclosures for the purpose of Annual Report
- Preparation of applicable deliverables to Internal stakeholders
- Execution of relevant SOX controls
- Challenge, automate and standardize where possible the current way of working
- Drive Improvement Initiatives
Context of the position
The Financial Controller – GES FS Inventory and Manufacturing is part of the Global Enabling Services Financial Services organization, Europe. Financial Services is responsible for the E2E accounting process for ASML worldwide, supporting the business and providing management information as well as ensuring external compliance.
The Financial Controller reports to the team lead FS Europe Inventory and Manufacturing.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master degree in business related education or Bachelor degree with a CPA certification;
- 4-8 years relevant working experience in accounting and preferably multinational environment
- Big 4 experience is an advantage
- Experienced in SAP ECC, SAP Workflow, and has affinity with BI tools especially Spotfire
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS and experience of working independently in applying those standards
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) is preferred.
- Multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural understanding, values differences and is able to bridge between different departments and people;
- Outgoing professional who takes ownership and is willing to bring/get information within the ASML organization;
- Strives for continuous improvement;
- Strong in customer focus;
- Fitting into a dynamic and ambitious environment; brings commitment and flexibility (going the extra mile);
- Result oriented with a high sense of responsibility and accountability;
- Fluent in English (and preferably also in Dutch), communicates effectively;
- Excellent analytical skills.