Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML – the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry – has prioritized to apply Cloud throughout its IT services landscape. The Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE) has implemented a global Azure platform and a set of products to be provisioned using that global platform.
An Azure Cloud Engineer is responsible for efficient development and operations. As an engineer you need to balance service reliability and delivery speed. They are skilled at using the Microsoft Azure platform to build software delivery pipelines, deploy and monitor services, and manage and learn from incidents.
This role is part of the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE). This teams vision is to provide a flexible and reliable automated cloud platform to enable accelerated and sustainable adoption of cloud across ASML and maximizing the ability to realize its benefits while reducing risks, supporting ASMLs growth and bring innovative cloud solutions to the teams.
- Develop new products and services to be consumed by CCoE customers (DevOps teams within IT and business)
- Develop solutions using modern scripting language for automation of build tasks (PowerShell, Json, YAML)
- Build and deploy resources using Infrastructure-as-Code using tools like PowerShell and Terraform
- Develop solutions using Azure DevOps and Github
- Deliver/update documentation on CCoE wiki
- Be part of a multidisciplinary DevOps team which takes ownership of both new development and operational activities.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a Azure Cloud Engineer
- Configuring and using IaaS services (like VM, networking, storage)
- Configuring and using PaaS services (like WebApp, Database services, Kubernetes, Data Lake, Databricks etc.).
- Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, Network Security Groups, routing, Azure Firewall, load balancer, DNS, etc.
- Engineering and coding skills applied in an agile way
- Working with Azure DevOps for automated deployments.
- Working with Azure cloud native tooling
- Experience with Linux and other open source products is a pre
- Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service providers
Bachelor’s/Master degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics
- Passionate about driving new technology solutions (change)
- Good communication and presentation skills (in English)
- Team player
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including on verbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience, and the ability to listen effectively to others and give constructive feedback to others
- Good customer focus and customer facing skills
- Able to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision