Secondment via YER
Energy, Gas, Water, Engineering
About this vacancy
As a Teamleader M&R you are going to support the Workshop in order to create conditions for an efficient work preparation, planning, administration and documentation. Effectively set up and manage the repair and manufacturing of gas turbine components in such a way that the parts are repaired/manufactured with the lowest possible costs, according to all technical requirements and with on time delivery whilst ensuring highest quality. Interested?
- Effectively lead, coach and manage the team on a daily basis, enabling it to achieve their personal business targets in line with the department objectives as well as their personal development needs and objectives, assuring that a proactive and effective department is achieved and sustained
- Work closely together with the other team leads of the department to ensure and create, as a team, an effective, efficient and safe component repair Workshop within the company
- Making repair proposals and associated cost price calculations, identify and select suppliers for manufacturing, decide on make or buy
- Ensures correct and accurate planning of jobs and signaling deviations in planning to projects managers, communicate recovery plan
- Creating scopes of work for repairs
- Requesting prices of parts and outsourcing in collaborations with the purchasing department
- Making work preparations / shop routers for various (gas turbine) parts that need to be processed
- Outsourcing of materials to be repaired, whereby the work planner is in contact with the supplier regarding progress
- Assisting operators and inspectors in the correct execution of their work.
- Initiate cost reduction programs and & repair improvements.
- Set up and qualify internal repairs for gas turbine components.
- Advice design engineering on design validation and design improvements looking at manufacturing and repair
- Responsible for QHSE at Workshop, driving all corrective and preventive actions at Workshop
- Support the Sales team where required
Specific job characteristics
- Making cost price calculations for the repair of gas turbine parts after inspection
- Support the workshop in execution of technically challenging projects; e.g. rotor repairs, repair engineering, assembly of systems, manufacturing new parts
- Being first point of contact reviewing and accepting shop orders from contract management, ensuring receiving a clear kick off including clear instructions and deadlines
- Assessing and selecting suppliers on technical and commercial grounds and requesting and assessing offers.
- Making cost price calculations for quotations for the sales department for all common repairs
- Determining task times and the required materials
- Independently drawing up the most efficient repair methods and work instructions for (gas turbine) parts
- Making material and tool reservations
- Assess whether the repair/manufacturing can be carried out by the Workshop or whether it should be outsourced, all this in consultation with the Manager
- Outsource operations and keep in touch about planning and progress
- Managing purchasing and logistics with regard to the sending or collection of tools, materials or parts to or from the suppliers
- Technical support and monitoring of the progress of the outsourced work
- Delegate Manager at Workshop when assigned
- Ensuring technical support is delivered at Workshop from Repair Engineering
- Making and driving all administrative actions including time registrations, making purchasing requisitions from all materials, tooling and from outsourcing activities
- Organize and manage maintenance of Workshop material and equipment for re-calibrations, re-certifications, annual checks eligible items
- Organizing and driving training and development actions Workshop team members
- Supporting execution teams to run all inspections and repair activities accordingly
- Proactively initiate and implement development plans and investments for the Workshop
- Both Technical, Organizational & Commercial heart / driver of the Workshop
Our client Thomassen Energy B.V. is the leading high-technology after market service provider for multi-OEM platform gas turbine plants worldwide. Their mission is to support customers in their needs by providing flexible and reliable gas turbine products and services to improve the total life cycle costs and to reduce carbon footprint.
Their vision is to supply cost-effective advanced retrofit solutions for a Clean Energy World. Thomassen Energy is leading a consortium targeting the demonstration of gas turbine retrofit technology for hydrogen. This technology will allow flex operation from 0-100% hydrogen in machines sized from 1MW to 300MW.
The significant growth of renewables (solar and wind) in markets such as Europe have highlighted the tremendous opportunity and need for balancing with fast/flexible/clean electrical generation. Gas turbines offer the ideal solution for grid balancing, and many gas turbines in Europe are restarting to take advantage of the opportunity. By harvesting the excess electricity in peak renewable generation periods through the production of hydrogen, and then releasing this fuel into gas turbines when renewable generation swings to under supply, existing gas turbines can be effectively retrofitted to become super batteries. Balancing the electrical grid with carbon free hydrogen fuel is becoming a primary focus for economic stimulus in Europe. Thomassen Energy is actively involved leading this technology evolution with our retrofits for renewables.
Working at Thomassen Energy means working in a positive working atmosphere with good working conditions. We offer a sustainable career with an eye for your personal development, and in which growth is possible within the various disciplines of the organization. We coordinate the needs of the organization and the wishes of the employee as much as possible. Internal and external training can be part of this and every employee has an annual training budget for this.
Thomassen Energy has a collegial working atmosphere where colleagues help and challenge each other. Together we work on the organizational goals and where necessary, we are flexible in our efforts to satisfy our customer.
Thomassen Energy is ready for the future and playing a significant role within the energy transition, partnering up with business partners fully dedicated to deliver High Hydrogen Gas Turbine Retrofits within the very near future. Would you like to be part of this transition?
- Master or Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5s / Lean/ Six Sigma or similar by certification or by experience
- Applicable EHS certifications and / or experience
- Plus 10 years of experience in a similar position within the Oil & Gas, Energy Offshore or capital goods industry
- Netherlands, English professional level and German preferable
- Manage & Drive for Results
- Developer / able to grow the organization both technical and size of the Company
- Structured and methodical
- Alignment with Strategy & Direction
- Developing & Empowering Others
- Foster teamwork
- Creative mind setting
- Strong up to date Technical & EHS awareness
- Drive to grow to position to Manage several Departments both Technical and Commercial