Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
The vacancy for System Test Engineer is in the Qualification & Verification department in Venlo. You will work in a project that develops high tech print systems. Focus is on the Colorado system software, which connects the printer with customer workflow software and the real time embedded software. The system has a UI that enables the printer operator to use the printer to produce output in an efficient way. The project consists of some 80 people that work in multiple agile development teams. You are member of a team (software project manager, the architect, and other test engineer) that focuses on the verification and validation of the system behavior of the integrated product.
Goal of the role
Verification and validation testing of the system behavior, both manual as well as automated, of a complete printer product with focus on the software of our PRISMAsync controller technology.
This includes correct interoperability with customer workflow software that runs on Windows or Linux computers.
What will be the most challenging
- Working with agile development teams
- With multiple types of printer models
- Work from a quality perspective, focusing on system behavior
- Churning manual test cases into automated ones, Together with your colleague test engineer.
Most important and critical task
- Set up verification and consolidation test plans.
- Define and execute test cases with focus on system behavior, from an end user point of view.
- Define and implement automated test cases with focus on system behavior.
- Work with feature development teams to understand and clarify expected/observed behavior.
- Improve specification quality by review, focus on clear behavior and test-ability.
- Develop test support tooling (scripts) that speeds up system level testing.
- Enter found defects/errors in defect tracking system.
- Report on test progress and product quality.
We are innovators, creating exceptional technologies, products and services for our main markets in printing and workflow management. It is our purpose to enable customers to manage their documents effectively and efficiently.
Our customers can outsource their document management entirely thanks to our collaborative business services.
To be discussed later
- Candidate has at least a BSc, with a clear understanding of non-real-time software that implements large part of system behavior in complex machines.
- About 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience as a tester in a high-tech industry, or as tester working with complex products.
- Knowledge TFS/Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge on the ROBOT test framework, Gherkin, Power Shell
- Page Object pattern
- Experience in writing and reviewing test designs and testcases.
- To be successful in our team the candidate must have an open attitude, is critical on him/herself and colleagues, is accurate and result driven, well organized and understands complex system behavior.
- The candidate has profound knowledge on the verbal and written of English and Dutch.
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows and preferrable Linux computers.
- Knowledge of and experience with scripting languages to create test support tools.
- Programming languages like Python and web-based languages is a pre.