Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
For DAF Trucks N.V. with location in Eindhoven (Netherlands) YER is recruiting an Engineer Exhaust After-treatment Systems.
- Development of after-treatment performance in order to meet development targets, e.g. to meet future emission regulations.
- Development of problem solutions and realization of solutions in close cooperation with internal and external development partners.
- Developing test procedures for calibration and supervision of heavy-duty engine after-treatment tests on engine dyno’s
- Calibration and control strategy development for after-treatment systems
- Documentation and evaluation of testing results
- Planning and development of validation test procedures for supervision of heavy-duty engine after-treatment tests on engine dyno’s and vehicles
- Application support for vehicle related engine after-treatment applications.
- Exhaust After-treatment System (after-) maiden testing
- Collaboration in project teams
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc. which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the center of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Bachelor of Mechanical or automotive engineering (B eng)
- Bachelor or Master degree of mechanical, controls or automotive engineering (BSc/MSc)
- Knowledge in the field of thermodynamics, combustion and control engineering
- Preferable 1 year experience in field of diesel or exhaust after-treatment applications
- Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams
- Enthusiasm to deal with complex Engine – Exhaust After-treatment Systems and to take much pleasure in development of solutions for complex technical problems
- Experience with data set control tools, e.g. Calterm, AVL Creta and Matlab is preference
- Accurate and good communication skills
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch.