Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech
About this vacancy
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Worldwide over 20,000 people work at ASML, with important settings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus. At ASML one works ongoing for the further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Our Metrology software orchestrates the behaviour of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It is the brain of ASML lithography systems. To ensure ever shrinking of the integrated circuits printed by ASML machines, we need people who can help us build next-generation metrology products.
The software metrology groups interact with each other on a project basis. These groups are composed of software engineers and architects who design, implement, test and maintain software according to functional specifications.
Are you ready for your next challenge, looking for growth, want to be proud of team achievements and to be part of the progress? If YES, join ASML Metrology!
Our metrology software is embarking on a journey into the next-gen software architectures, and we are looking for a Software Design Engineer to join our team. As Software Design engineer within metrology, you will be directly contributing to future-proof, high-quality software applications.
Your main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Create and maintain software code for our applications
- Be able to handle a variety of programming languages, e.g. C++,Java, Python, C#
- Handle the unique security challenges within the application
- Contributing to documentation of interfaces
- Provide consultancy to other metrology functional design engineers on a variety of software subjects (e.g. efficiency of data structures, guidance on performance)
- Keep current with new technologies and developments in the Cloud Native space
- Constantly improve product quality, security, and performance
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- You have Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, systems engineering, or equivalent.
- Over 3 years’ experience as a software design engineer in a multidisciplinary setting
- Experienced in programming languages such as Java, Python, C++,C#.
- Experience with the numerical computing environment and programming language MATLAB is a plus
- Consultancy experience, that measurably increased team throughput.
- Experience with software development tools like JIRA, Git.
- Experience with the Agile way of working
- Experience with cloud-native software
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Team player; work closely with other parts of the organization
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values