Secondment via YER
Engineering, Energy, Gas, Water, (Petro)Chemical
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Our products have made a valuable difference for our clients for the past 100 years, and we are now looking for a Project Manager who will join our team and assist us in making a valuable difference in the century to come. As a Project Manager you are a core team member in our value stream Diaphragm & Periflow that delivers new build compressor installations worldwide. You are the contact person for our customers and the team at HCR, from placing the order to the delivery and commissioning.
- Project management of the technical and commercial aspects and monitoring of the technical implementation in line with the contractual specifications, quality, budget and schedule;
- Preparation of the Project Start Up, initiate and execute the tasks related to this phase including the handover of the technical and commercials aspects of the project, organizing and leading the project kick-off with the customer;
- Performing all project management activities including but not limited to risk management, coordination of all project execution related activities, monitoring of suppliers, monitoring and reporting of progress, quality, costs, contract, legal aspects, etc.
- Leading the multidisciplinary project team;
- Based on customer requirements, interpret and determine the technical scope and technical implementation;
- Ensure that required technical documentation such as data sheets, drawings, diagrams, vendor specifications are provided by the engineering team;
- Ensure technical standards are used and implemented (API, ATEX, IEC, ASME VIII);
- Organize the project meetings and reviews, with clients and project team members and ensure documentation of the results and follow-up of the actions.
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of our engineering expertise and technology, our equipment plays an integral role within our customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
We work in partnership with our customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century we have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. We are proud that our people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Our mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned our business since it was established. Constantly improving our products and services according to our customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
You will work at a company that has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employer Institute. You will get the chance to lead projects in the Hydrogen Economy, meet customers, have technical discussions and celebrate the successful execution of a project in a team with a good atmosphere and dedicated colleagues. We offer an interesting and challenging position within a professional, international organization with freedom to act and the opportunity to work with a variety of stakeholders. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development. Potential future positions could be within other Howden locations or a vertical or horizontal move within HCR. We offer a salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position and in addition an extensive package of fringe benefits.
- Relevant technical education (Bachelor degree Mechanical Engineering or similar);
- Technical knowledge and technical interest in a broad range of disciplines (rotating, mechanical, systems and processes);
- Commercial understanding and creativity to find the best technical-commercial solution (thinking out of the box);
- Strong Project Management skills;
- A continuous improvement mind-set;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including an open and engaging communication style;
- Team player, ownership and a self-starter mentality;
- Excellent in setting priorities and strong time management skills.
- Excellent English language skills.