Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Howden Reciprocating and Centrifugal compressors (HCR), is a specialist supplier of tailor-made gas compression equipment to various industries. Their products have made a valuable difference for their clients for the past 100 years, and they are now looking for an Operations planner who will join their team and assist in making a valuable difference. As a Planner you are involved in the entire project in the assembly process, from start to end. You support, and work closely with various departments and external suppliers at both technical and organizational. Process optimization is an important part of the daily activities.
- Supervising and planning new activities, such as analyzing and preparing systematically from drawings, quality plans and specifications for the establishment of efficient working practices and operating procedures for assembly, welding and external operations.
- Coordination for painting, staining, transporting and packaging of components and systems from external suppliers.
- Daily team meetings to discuss project progress and material planning. The activities will be carried out within in the slotting table and according to principles prescribed available time.
- Improve processes where necessary, based on the Colfax Bussiness System (derived from the Toyota Production System - Lean).
Originally founded by James Howden in Scotland as a marine engineering firm in 1854, Howden has grown and evolved into a global leader in manufacturing air and gas handling solutions. With the power of their engineering expertise and technology, their equipment plays an integral role within the customers’ processes, which provide safe and reliable solutions that are both sustainable and efficient. Howden supports multiple sectors including infrastructure, power generation, oil & gas, wastewater, metals, mining and transportation.
They work in partnership with their customers, wherever they are, to deliver sustainable and customized solutions. For over a century they have built a strong global network of experts that is formed from responsive local service and delivery teams, in more than 100 countries, who are familiar with local requirements and challenges. They are proud that their people and business are part of the communities in which we operate in.
Their mantra is ‘revolving around you’, something that has underpinned their business since it was established. Constantly improving their products and services according to customers’ needs, Howden has never stood still.
Howden Thomassen Compressors received the 2021 certification as a ‘Top Employer’ in The Netherlands! This recognition subscribes Howden’s dedication to putting its people first!
You will work at a company that is certified as a Top Employer 2021 by the Top Employer Institute. You will get the chance to bring in your vision and initiatives, be a leader and work on products and projects we are proud off in a healthy and good atmosphere. As we consider talent management as key to the success of our organization, we offer opportunities for personal and professional development and of course an attractive salary package that is fully in line with the level of the position.
- Minimum Technical Bachelor’sdegree
- One or two years of experience in engineering, managing and planning.
- Experience / affinity with process optimization (Lean).
- Knowledge of ERPsystems.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Strong in planning and organization.
- Collaboration,initiative and decisiveness.