Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
The IT Product & Technology Software (IT P&T SW) group within ASML is responsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (more than 3500 developers within multiple departments).
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with new platforms, services and applications we are looking for engineers to join our team. Together with our infrastructure team you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of infrastructure used by 3500+, and growing, software developers.
As a DevOps Infrastructure engineer in our team you will be:
- Part of an Agile team, where you get to design, develop, deliver and automate services
- Interacting directly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge on infrastructure.
- Empowered to make autonomous decisions with your team, and challenge your product owner, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
- The main part of the environment is built on Linux and VMware, development and deployment is done using Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins. Key in the development of these complex environments are automation, Infrastructure-as-Code, Introduction of Kubernetes and cloud elements.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- You are a skilled Linux Engineer.
- You have an automation/config management mindset.
- You have experience with puppet
- You have knowledge on container concepts and deployments (Rancher / Kubernetes is a pre)
- You have knowledge on Azure cloud deployments (GCP is a pre)
- You are familiar with automation tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins and Packer.
- You have good understanding of basic infrastructure elements, such as networking (switches, firewalls, load balancing), DNS, DHCP, Directory Services, database and storage solutions.
- You have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
Who are we looking for:
From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.