Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
At Product Development Engines, for the CAE-Engines group, we are looking for a Structural Analyst FEM.
As Engine Structural Analyst, you support the engine design groups in the field of component durability. Your input is an important part in the continuous improvement of our new generations of PACCAR engines. Your tasks include:
- Predicting and analysing component loads and dynamics;
- Predicting component stress using finite element analysis methods;
- Verification and optimization of concept designs using simulation tools;
- You work in close cooperation with both construction and testing engineers.
You report to the Engineering Supervisor of the CAE-Engines group.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the leading manufacturer of commercial vehicles in Europe. DAF is a wholly owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the world leader in the design and production of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, is active in financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts as part of its core business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Experienced bachelor or master degree in Engineering or Physics;
- Experience with finite element analysis in a product design environment;
- Experience with low and high cycle fatigue analysis is a pre;
- Engine Hardware knowledge is a large Pre;
- Knowledge of Hyperworks and Abaqus is an advantage;
- Technical know-how and the ability to get to the core of issues efficiently and pragmatically are the keys to success in this position.
- Clear communication [both verbal as presentation wise]
- Pro-Active and result driven,
- Good organisation skills
- English level B2 or higher is required.