Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech, Industrial, Engineering
About this vacancy
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the World!
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
As an IT License Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
Being an IT License Manager gives you the chance to excel in an ever-growing environment and industry. ASML stands for quality and aims to deliver the same quality in everything related to Licensing Management. Acting in this role means being on the forefront of the industry which brings the responsibilities of continuously performing at your top and thinking outside-the-box by coming up with innovative solutions.
Operational activities are largely outsourced. The ASML internal License Managers provide data insights and expertise to enable decision-making. You’re able to drive your business and pro-actively drive your supplier base at the same time. Having a strategic role means being involved in our strategic decision-making for our suppliers and tenders, you will be partnering up with Procurement for these key processes.
Amongst your responsibilities fall the following:
- Software acquisition;
- License availability & usage reporting, how can we flatten the curve in our growing company?
- Financial management & IT Cost optimization (optimize utilization of software assets);
- Strategic (internal) stakeholder management & vendor management;
- Maintaining our SAM database.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Freelancers also welcome to apply.
What you offer
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar;
- SAM certification such as BCS Certificate in SAM Essentials, IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) or BSA Certified in Standards-Based SAM - for Professionals (CSS-P).
You recognize yourself in the following skills:
- you are highly-motivated and have a strong work ethic.
- You are a team player.
- You are analytical and your excellent in data-gathering and problem-solving skills.
- You pay attention to detail and you are highly organized.
- You are able to build strong, trusting relationships with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders, such as Procurement. And you can deal with difficult customers and suppliers.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills;
- Min. 8 years working experience in an IT or financial analytical role.
- Experience in managing vendors and external personnel;
- Experience in an equivalent environment (size, complexity, engineering industry, domain).
- Experience with hands-on information gathering, analysis and reporting on any organization's assets.
- Knowledge of various types of vendor software contract and license agreement in a global environment (i.e., enterprise, processor, named user, node);
- Understanding and use of software inventory tools , software reporting tools, software asset management systems such as Flexera, Snow, ServiceNow inventory, Aspera, Blackduck, agent-based inventory tools like Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or similar;
- Understanding of IT software asset life cycle stages and activities;
- Understanding of corporate IT and Procurement policies, procedures and standards;
- Familiarity with purchasing systems.
- Location & working hours
- We are currently working at home because of the COVID-19. When it’s possible again, we alternate working from home with working on location in Veldhoven. That’s why we are looking for somebody who is willing to relocate for this job.
- We are also looking for somebody who is willing to work incidentally outside office hours due to the global presence of the team.