Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
At Philips Design we believe that good design is about creating solutions that satisfy people's needs, empower them and make them happier, all of this with keeping in mind a sustainable future for the world in which we live. Our global creative force of some 400 professionals is located in our studios in Europe, North America and Asia.
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system. Philips delivers advanced solutions for both health professionals to meet the needs of patients, and empowered consumers for affordable healthcare whether in hospital or at home.
As a user experience designer, you will be responsible for delivering design solutions in the Eindhoven studio for the Healthcare business. Within projects, you will work closely with both business partners and the multi-disciplinary design team to build a deep understanding of business and user needs, generate innovative and relevant concepts and implement compelling and impactful user experience solutions. You will develop new products and services for a variety of platforms including medical imaging devices, tablets, web applications and software distribution ecosystems. You will develop a deep understanding of the medical domains in which you will work in order to create meaningful and innovative solutions.
Communicating ideas clearly and persuasively at an individual and group level, mainly to your direct team members. Demonstrating awareness of the right communication style and influencing tools. Building relationships with project teams and appropriately influencing relevant internal and external stakeholders. Standing your ground, from a position of knowledge, when needed.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision-making.
- Bachelor or masters degree in a design discipline: interaction, interface, HCI, graphic or product design
- 5+ years of experience with user experience, user interaction design, visual design, technical and functional requirements and overall project process and procedures in an agency or in-house team.
- Passionate about healthcare
- Understand user needs, functional requirements, business context and translate into interaction flows, wireframes, high fidelity screen design and prototypes
- Strong visual design skills with an emphasis on simplicity and clarity
- Focused on execution details with experience translating design concepts into development ready assets
- Demonstrate ability to deliver innovative experiences for mobile, web and desktop applications, with deep knowledge of constraints and opportunities afforded by each platform.
- Familiar with product development process and working with a multi-disciplinary team of marketing, software and hardware engineering, subject matter (clinical) experts
- Experience with Android and iOS mobile app and or web application development is essential - HTML5/CSS, and or WPF is a plus
- Highly proficient with standard design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator and prototyping tools like Balsamiq, Axure, etc
- Able to collaborate with developers to challenge and innovate around technical constraints