Bergen op Zoom
Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
For one of our good clients in the area of Bergen op Zoom we are looking for a Project Manager. As an IT Project Manager, you are a member of the Project Management Team. It is your responsibility to improve and enhance the current solutions. You are also responsible for delivering new IT solutions and embed to solutions in the business. The projects will consist of infrastructure replacements and/or improvements.
It is your goal to deliver IT projects within the demanded time, budget and expected quality levels. All of the projects must be in guide with the project governance principles and to help the project management maturity. Your team is the driver for digital transformation and a professional provider of high quality IT solutions and services.
What you will be doing:
- Initiate a project, define project scope and objectives, draft the project proposal, formulate, and negotiate the Project Initiation Documents.
- Develop and monitor detailed project plans, determine budget, and required resources and select suppliers within applicable IT Security aspects and compliance rules.
- Clarify role and involvement level of team members and (co-)decide which stages of the project can be outsourced.
- Coordinate, monitor and drive the project, within defined plan and budget and manage project issues and changes and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Proactively monitor risks that threaten project success and define alternative ways to mitigate these risks.
- Manage the project resources, teams including external partners.
- Identify and manage dependencies with other projects
- Set up effective steering teams to govern the project and maintain and report project budgets, proactively
- Report insights to project stakeholders w.r.t. project status, development, risks, and issues.
- Proactively advice and support the improvement of project (portfolio) management.
- Build and maintain a network of in- and external stakeholders/partners, and proactively inform and involve the Steering Committee and other key stakeholders.
- Involve, manage, and empower relevant project stakeholders from both business and IT.
- Identify, analyse, challenge, and align the views and interests of all relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate and close project and find, analyse, and share lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to the business and to the IT Support Organization using the transition to support process.
- Compliance with the project (portfolio) management rules and principles, with corporate and operational regulations.
An organization active in the maritime sector. It has over 500 people working for the company and are rooted within the Dutch naval culture. The organization has always been focused on the future and how to be a step ahead of the competition. This is the reason behind their success and why people are eager to work for this company.
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit, salary up to €6,000
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
- Relevant Master or Bachelor degree, preferably complemented with Project Management qualifications.
- Five to ten years, working experience in project management and portfolio management in a large, international organization, working as project support officer, or a similar position.
- Sound knowledge of PMBOK and/or Prince2, Agile/Scrum, and with working experience in Waterfall and Agile/Scrum projects.
- Experience with project financials and with implementation of change and improvement projects.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Ability to occasionally travel long distances and work abroad.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.