Contract with Client
Industrial, Logistics & Transportation
About this vacancy
Are you experienced with Business controlling and would you like to work within an international challenging environment? Then this is your chance!
For Vroon, YER would like to get in contact with a Business Controller. In the position of Business Controller, you will act as a strong business partner by managing and deploying financial measures and processes. You provide transparent information to enable and drive effective decision making in achieving Vroon's strategic objectives.
Most important tasks and responsibilities:
- Partner with and drive the business to achieve short- and long-term objectives
- Be a bridge-builder among business and finance-related support functions, with independent (financial) views on what is best for the Company as a whole
- Drive optimisation and improvement of processes, standardisation of reporting and insight-driven analyses to satisfy the need for management information
- Drive the business-review cycles
- Participate in business-improvement projects and validate business cases
- Identify (business and financial) risks and opportunities
- Execute ad-hoc analyses and reporting
- Drive the weekly, monthly, yearly and long-term Financial Planning processes
- Drive cash-flow forecast processes
Vroon is a worldwide shipping company. Their vision is to be recognised as a premier shipping company active in a number of specialised and commodity-type shipping segments. Vroon's mission is to provide seagoing transportation services and engineering and support solutions that are reliable, sustainable, cost effective and enable their customers to be successful. Vroon is active (through various subsidiaries and under different brand names ) in the following business segments: livestock carriers; offshore-support vessels; offshore maintenance and engineering services; dry-cargo vessels; container vessels; product tankers; high-heat tankers; car carriers and vessel-management services.
Vroon has a family culture, with direct short reporting lines. With headquarters located in Breda (the Netherlands), Vroon employs about 3,000 professionals in offices around the world and on board a diverse fleet of approximately 130 vessels. From their Breda head office, approximately 120 staff support the company’s activities.
- Preferably a Master or Register Controller degree
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in an international environment
- Experience within the maritime industry would be an advantage
- Proven track record in financial and business control at business unit, divisional or group level
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English are essential
- Pro-active, hands-on mentality
- Strong analytical skills
- Critical and pragmatic
- Highly independent worker, self-driven, but also a valuable team player
- Takes ownership of issues from start to completion
- Able to communicate at multiple levels in the organisation