Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Are you able to calibrate and validate our best-in-class engines for optimal performance? Please check this vacancy!
As an engine performance calibration engineer, you will be part of a team which calibrates our best in class engines for optimal performance under all conditions within the defined constraints.
- Develop heavy-duty diesel engines with focus on engine performance and ECU function calibration
- Performance validation of new proto engines
- Analyse and solve deviations
- Monitor spread
- Deliver feedback for improvements
- Take part on one of many engine calibration tasks within the team, all with the goal to have optimal fuel economy and performance within the defined constraints.
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in teams to support several projects.
DAF Engine Development is the center of competence for heavy-duty diesel engine development within PACCAR. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. Within the engine development department, the system calibration group is responsible for optimization and calibration of new developed engines.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
Education and Experience
- Master degree in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy-duty truck engines
- Experience on heavy-duty truck engine calibration is a pre
- Matlab experience (modeling and scripting) is a pre
- Data acquisition
- Data analytics
- ATI / Inca
- Knowledge of statistics
- Result orientation
- Progress monitoring
- Attention to details
- Excellent English skills both verbally and in writing and Dutch skills are preferred