Secondment via YER
Engineering, High Tech
About this vacancy
Is technology your passion? Do you have a broad experience within the electronic field? Then we may have an interesting role for you as an Lead Electronics Architect!
The electronics architect in the lead will contribute to the ongoing growth in development, engineering and the competence Electronics. Within this role you will be responsible from concept till qualification of high-end mechatronic systems. You will also be the team leader for the internal and external project team (in the lead). In this role, you will be challenged to develop and strengthen a broad set of skills.
One of your biggest challenges will be to communicate with all the stakeholders in the different phases of the project, both inside and outside VDL ETG T&D.
During the concept phase you will mainly communicate with architects from other disciplines and competence leaders to make trade-offs and define the concept design.
During the design/implementation and verification phase you will lead the team (including the external partner) to make and review the electronic designs.
During the test/integration phase you will be communicating with the internal production/test department and help solving problems in the first integration phase.
Because you work in multidisciplinary project teams you’ll need to have a broad knowledge of electronics and are also interested in other disciplines such as mechanics, mechatronics and software. Within the electronics department, you’ll contribute and steer to set up the roadmap and strategy.
Furthermore you are responsible for:
· Developing architectural concepts in multidisciplinary teams,
· Meeting with clients to specify a clear interpretation of the customers demand.
· Specification of electronic modules and systems, electronic components (sensors, amplifiers, PCB’s) and control platforms
· Performing trade-offs for implementation alternatives of functions
· Managing outsourcing activities at electronics development partners,
· Leading the electronics designers and engineers in the multidisciplinary project team,
· Contributing specialist knowledge in one or more electronic engineering fields, such as signal processing, analog, digital and power electronics, firmware, high voltage electronics, PCB lay-out, EMI, etc.
· Supporting allocation of manufacturing and other supply chain decisions,
· Transferring knowledge to production- and service engineers.
· Documenting specifications, concepts, designs and test analysis results.
VDL Enabling Technologies Group (VDL ETG) is a tier-one design & contract manufacturing partner with worldwide activities, whose customers are 'Original Equipment Manufacturing' companies that play a leading role in high-tech production equipment and users of advanced production lines.
Within VDL ETG, the department Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech/precision modules, professional products and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product.
The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Physics & Manufacturing Technology, Software and Project management. In multi-disciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify the professional products for our customers. VDL ETG sources, produces and supplies the qualified products to our customers.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
· Bachelor and or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering
· 5 to 10 years of broad experience within the electronic field (motion and machine control, amplifiers, EMC, serviceability) of control systems and components for high-end equipment and/or products, in multidisciplinary development teams
· 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Architect for complex systems
· Team player, analytical, pragmatic, creative and pro-active
· Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch.
· Ambition for a broad personal development in the technology field (Electronics but also mechanics, etc.) and the personal field. (Team leader, communicator, etc.)