Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. Within D&E, the Machine Conditioning (MC) cluster is specialized in flow and thermal domains. The MC OCD Competence Center is responsible for four technical competences: Fluid Lay-out and Infrastructure Design, High Pressure Systems, Dangerous Gasses and MC Pre-install. In addition, it’s also responsible to deliver and maintain design automation tools. Our mission is to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the Machine Conditioning Business Line-dedicated departments. We do this by driving commonality within the MC cluster at technical competence and automation levels.
As competence engineer you will be the technical expert for design automation, specifically the Mentor Graphics/Siemens design tool. Create and maintain plugins, as well as provide technical support and training to designers in the use of this tool. In addition, you will drive the roadmap for further automation development.
Your responsibilities as competence engineer Design Automation will be the following:
- Develop and maintain the automation tools, including creation and maintenance of plugins, functionality testing and driving the roadmap.
- Actively share information with the design community, via training, by answering questions, and providing technical support.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will get a 1 year contract at YER and work at ASML. After that you can get a direct contract with ASML (or your contract will be extended via YER).
Education: BSc or MSc degree in Technical education, (electrical) designer background.
- as from 3-7 years of experience
- Skilled plugin developer is pre
- Education and/or experience as a designer to understand the needs of the designer community. Though Machine Conditioning focuses on fluid designs, an electrical engineering background is welcome too.
- Good communication and networking skills
- Fluent in English