Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
High Tech, Engineering, IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated (committed, engaged) and skilled teams?
Are you an enthusiastic architect with a strong drive to deliver Java based solutions for the execution of work on ASML’s machines? Do you like to guide a development team and participate in the design of the overall application landscape? Do you understand how business needs can be translated into good architectural choices?
Then we have the right job for you!
As solution architect you are responsible for the architecture, design and technical delivery of a Java based application that is being developed within ASML. In cooperation with the lead developer, product owner and functional designers you design the required technical solutions to realize the product backlog. This is structured in an Agile way of working as part of an Agile Release Train in a SAFe program.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. Within D&E, the Sequence Tooling department is responsible for the development of applications for the creation and execution of sequences. Together with the business departments these applications are designed, build and deployed. The user base of the application is throughout the whole company.
As solution architect for Sequence Runner, you will be responsible for:
- Translation of functional requirements into impact on the product architecture.
- High level technical design of the application.
- Integration design to other applications and solutions, i.e. Interfaces and Protocols.
- Definition and implementation strategy of the non-functional requirements, i.e. Security and Scalability.
- Selection and maintenance of the technology stack.
- Definition and guidance on the CI/CD implementation.
- Participation in the architectural communities like the EPS and ONE architecture groups.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
We are looking for a solution architect with the following experience:
- Knowledge of modern Java application architectures.
- Experience with the development of an application based on Domain Driven Design and CQRS Event Sourcing.
- Experience with a technology stack based on Java, Vertex, Spring, REST, JSON, HTML5, UI5 and Docker.
- Experience in guiding a development team.
- Experience on translating expectations of business users into application changes.
- Experience with working in an Agile way, i.e. Scrum, including CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with the security aspects of an application.
- Experience with designing a scalable application.
- Semiconductor equipment development (plus).
The following is required:
- Team player who can also act independently with high degree of autonomy
- Organization, flexibility and capability to communicate on all levels
- Ability to manage a wide variety of stakeholders
- Knows how to plan and prioritize
- Proactive attitude
- Desire to invest in personal development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills and ability to effectively present results in front of any type of audience