Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
As a Solution Architect you will be involved in various (modernization) projects, (IT strategic) programs and initiatives with the aim to lead on architecture and the technical aspects of solutions. This can be already in the ideation phase, in which requirements need to be translated to a potential solution applying `Reuse before Buy before Build' and help with a possible Request for Proposal towards suppliers. You will also be working in different implementation projects and programs (in parallel) to define and decide on the solution architecture, which should fit in the overall Enterprise Architecture of the Netherlands or even the Global organization.
You are the linking pin between business stakeholders, architects, development/implementation teams. You will give direction in architecture and complex design questions and translate business requirements into a design that fits into the (enterprise) architecture. In this role you have ownership of architecture in several internal projects, and possibly in future also assess and advice products/enablers/etc. You connect worlds of the application architecture, software development and operational maintenance and will use your technical expertise and vision to support the decisions in which direction we will go with technology and architecture, and work together with the Enterprise Architect and IT CTO to define the strategy for the IT landscape.
- Your focus is on translating requirements into the architecture and design that ultimately constitute the blueprint for the solution;
- You rely on your experience in design patterns, reference architectures;
- You are responsible for the quality from the technical design to the realized solution, including integrations/interfaces;
- You set up Project Start Architectures and Solution Architecture Designs;
- You actively participate in creating solutions and making choices in various attention areas;
- You coach DevOps teams in design choices and in safeguarding architecture principles;
- You team up with the EA and other architects to improve Architecture in for example way of work, principles, etc.
- Execute Solution Architecture in multiple projects at the same time;
- Help in early stages to find and define the best solution fitting the business requirements;
- Lead by example and coach others in applying Solution Architecture principles and best practices;
- Continuously improve the Architecture practice;
- Research technology and execute POC’s to verify architecture decisions.
Our client is not only providing Digital Transformation services towards their clients, but also internally are they `digitizing their firm', which brings great opportunities for further innovation and modernization. Business Services (~500 people) is the internal organization which provides all high quality services and support to all the Netherlands employees (~4500) and consists of departments such as IT, HR, Finance and Mobility. You will be part of the IT organization (~60 people) within the Architecture and Service Development team together with the IT CTO and Enterprise Architect. “The challenge is to balance quality & risk & cost & speed and getting the right mix of benefits for now and at the same time be prepared for the future..”
- Competitive salary
- 25 holidays
- Availability to work from home
- Contract for one year with option to extend
- Bachelor degree or master’s, in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent experience;
- At least 5 years experience in a Solution Architect role in a multi project organization or similar function in an IT environment;
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch, with strong communication skills able to explain, persuade and justify decisions and concepts to people at all levels;
- Experience with relevant frameworks and methods, such as Archimate, TOGAF, DYA and Agile/Scrum/Prince2;
- A pro-active nature and an overall high level of creativity within a problem-solving mentality;
- Experience with designing and presenting solutions, modelling target architecture and translating this to standards and guidelines;
- Presenting ideas and solutions in clear form, with efficiency and good readable documentation, supported with good defined quality competences.
- Experience in a Microsoft environment (e.g. Azure);
- Experience with various type of solutions, e.g. BPM, ECM, CRM, HR;
- Experience in integration architecture;
- Good understanding of security principles and privacy related topics;
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle and best practices.
Personal skills and quality
- Ability to grasp complex environments;
- Critical eye and skilled to give constructive feedback;
- Are able to think independently and act as a team player;
- Result driven and focused.