Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
Scope and Authority:
The Project Layout Engineer translates the needs of international customers into innovative, logistically optimized and reliable systems for the customers. The Project Layout Engineer is responsible for the technical integrity of the system Marel delivers to the customers and act on behalf of Innovation. This involves layouts where various solutions are connected into an integrated production system by means of intelligent transport systems. The scope of a project can vary from a small production system to a complete line.
- Based on the proposal layout and the functional description, take care of the detailed engineering specifications
- Responsibility for creating and making the order/technical specification for the equipment/system solutions according to a CTO (Configure to Order)
- Detail all technical components, including specials
- Responsibility for creating the engineering package, consisting detailed layout and technical specification (air, water, loads, etc.), for the customer and the required information for successive installation by Marel
- Create BOMs (Bill of materials) and check BOMs for system integrity for projects that need layouts
- Advice and create specifications for Third party equipment and technically assess the offered solution
- Responsible for the transfer of the complete order-engineering package to Project Management and Order Engineering
- Review production drawings from Order Engineering prior to production
Marel Vision and Values
In partnership with their customers, they are transforming the way food is processed.
Their vision is of a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Marel’s core values are: Unity, Innovation and Excellence.
Marel is in the business of transformation, innovation and inspiration. They provide software, machinery, systems and solutions that help food processors gain a competitive edge and make the most of cutting edge technology such as digitization, automation and robotics. Driven by a passion for meeting the growing demand for quality protein, they create groundbreaking solutions that benefit the global population.
Sustainability is at the heart of their operations, and they respect natural resources in everything they do. Whether it’s a drop of water, a gram of protein or a simple idea – they realize that everything counts. Their people make them the partner of choice and their extensive service network offers an additional guarantee of quality and peace of mind. That is how they transform food processing.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented, structural, analytical and focused on quality
- Pro-active: take initiatives, based on own insights, to improve the system solution or the effectiveness and efficiency of the work
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to deliver results and meet customers expectations
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in engineering, preferably in mechanical engineering
- At least two years experience in a similar job
- Experience with Layout engineering applications
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal is required, and you can easily connect and communicate with people
- Experience with and comfort working in multi-cultural, multidiscipline organization is an advantage