Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
In this role you will be a key member of an IT enablement team. This team provides crucial help and enablement to other DevOps teams in the Big Data and Analytics area.
In your role as DevOps/Cloud/Infra Engineer you will be assisting in migrating solutions on on-prem infrastructure to cloud. Furthermore, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving deployment pipelines and development servers, designing and implementing new infrastructure solutions, framing guidelines for use, and assisting DevOps teams in automation and solution deployments where needed. You will be part of an IT Enablement team, helping other DevOps teams in the Big Data area to be successful.
- Assisting in migrating from on-prem infra to Cloud (Azure)
- Designing and building continuous deployment pipelines
- Troubleshooting and debugging server issues (on prem/Unix)
- Creating technical document and infrastructure guidelines
- Enhancing monitoring solutions(currently Grafana) for IT DevOps teams, using scripting.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
A bachelor or master degree, preferably in the Computer Science/Information Technology area.
You are a medior/senior engineer with 3-7 years experience. Your technical skillset should include the following:
- (Azure) Cloud
- Azure Kubernetes
- CI/CD tooling, mainly Jenkins
- Python (a plus, but not mandatory) or other scripting language
- General SQL knowledge
You have a positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to learn new things. To ensure success in this role, you should have advanced knowledge of programming languages, excellent problem-solving skills, affinity to work will others, and the ability to work to a deadline.
Context of the position
The position is within the IT Big Data department of ASML. You will be part of one of the 50 Scrum/DevOps teams creating Big Data & Analytics solutions for the company.