Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
As Diagnostics Toolset Software Engineer your focus is on maintaining and expanding the diagnosis distribution application in the agile platform development process, This application is responsible for the distribution of the DAVIE diagnostic tool to all dealer workshop laptops worldwide.
As a JAVA software engineer you are part of the software house “Diagnostic Systems”. This dynamic team is responsible for agile management, design, maintenance, construction, system integration and (automatic) testing of the connected platform for the DAVIE diagnosis tool. Its purpose is to provide an innovative, high-quality platform to support the entire PACCAR organization with optimal diagnostic, testing and programming functions, tools and knowledge. This for all PACCAR service and production departments, and for product development and special applications.
- In the agile platform development process (customer wishes, design, implementation, verification and validation) your focus is on the structured maintenance, expansion and unit testing of the diagnosis distribution application.
- In collaboration with the requirement manager, the software architect and system architect, you ensure that the distribution application is adapted and that customer complaints are adequately resolved.
- Essential here is “Quality-First”
- In addition, you provide support with the roll-out of new releases and in case of customer problems, you contribute to the root cause analysis.
In this position you will report to the Manager Diagnostic Systems.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc, the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
The “Diagnostic Systems” department is part of the After Sales organization “Systems & Innovation” within Marketing & Sales. This department works closely with the “Diagnostics” department. These 2 departments together consist of 45-50 people and are jointly responsible for the hardware and software development, production and maintenance of the DAVIE diagnostic tool for DAF Trucks and PACCAR Engines workshops and factories worldwide. The DAVIE-Tool is an off-board diagnostic tool and offers dealers, garage and workshop owners in broad terms 6 functionalities:
• Quick Check
• Vehicle Updates
• Customer parameters
• Diagnostic tests
• Manufacturing Sequences.
The aim of the department is to provide optimal support to dealers, workshop and garage owners in the diagnosis, maintenance and repair process.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 holidays per year (excl. national bank holidays) and 8,33% holiday allowance
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organisation
- Travel expense reimbursement
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
For this challenging position, we would like to get in touch with candidates with an education at bachelor/master level in computer science. At least 5 years of professional and specialized knowledge in the field of software development (possibly in the automotive industry).
A good command of the English language is a must. Your experience in designing, building and testing Java software components on Windows is largely visible on your CV. Finally, you are communicative, decisive and socially skilled and able to act at all levels.
- Demonstrable Java software programming skills on Windows
- Able to translate requirements into SW design
- Knowledge of UML for reading / writing software designs
- Experience with Agile Scrum software development
- Experience with Unit testing of software applications
- Experience with working in an international (virtual) team
- Masters technologies: TFS, Polarion, Eclipse, J-Unit, Jenkins, Ant / Maven