Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
IT & Telecom, High Tech, Engineering
About this vacancy
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. In short, we make the machines that make computer chips, or integrated circuits. We build some of the most amazing, complex machines that you will ever see – and the software to run them – to develop smaller, faster and still more affordable chips. It is because of our machines that the world’s technology has steadily evolved.
In this role you will be responsible for one of the most used set of analytics applications in ASML. Together with your DevOps team you will develop new features and maintain the underlying platform. All to enable your fellow ASML colleagues to achieve great things.
As the senior software engineer in the team you both independently and collaboratively develop new features for a big set of critical applications. These applications are used by thousands of colleagues during their work and provide (analytical) insights during critical business processes. Together with your Scrum team and a second team you maintain the platform where these applications reside and push for improvements as part of your Competence. This role provides the opportunity to take a lead position in the team as Scrum Master or technical lead, but also as lead of the Competence team.
YER is een internationaal arbeidsbemiddelingsbureau voor vaste en tijdelijke functies, gericht op professionals met een Bachelor-, Master- of PhD-titel. Met negen kantoren in Nederland en zo'n 250 consultants heeft YER landelijke dekking en is het een sterk vertegenwoordigd merk. YER is ook internationaal actief met vestigingen in de Verenigde Staten en België. Bovendien hebben we onlangs YER Executive opgericht. Dit is hét label voor het hogere segment (€ 70.000 - € 200.000 vaste posities en interim-management).
Je wordt onderdeel van het leukste recruitment/detacheringsbureau van Nederland, waar elke 'Yeriaan' met passie naar het werk gaat om onze opdrachtgevers en kandidaten verder te helpen in hun weg naar succes. De bedrijfscultuur staat voor ondernemerschap, onafhankelijkheid en vrijheid. Dit zorgt ervoor dat intrinsieke motivatie de belangrijkste drijfveer is voor onze medewerkers. Bovendien hebben wij een bijzonder informele bedrijfscultuur, waarbij regelmatig events worden georganiseerd om je collega's beter te leren kennen.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
A bachelor or master degree, preferably in the Computer Science/Information Technology area.
- You are a senior developer with 3-7 years of experience. Your technical skillset should include the following:
- Senior level Scala development or senior level Java development with willingness to learn Scala.
- Medior/senior level SQL development
- Medior level PHP development (preferred)
- Experience with code repo tools like Bitbucket
- Experience with orchestration or CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience with work management tools like Jira
You have a positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to learn new things. Your personal skills should include:
Analytical: you are able to process complex information & customer questions and make the right conclusions.
Stakeholder management & requirements gathering: you can clearly communicate with stakeholders and are able to translate their functional wishes into a clear technical requirement for you and the team.
Leadership: as the senior in the team you are a skilled tech lead and coach/teach others in the team to become better engineers. Optionally you like to take a leading role in the Competence team.
Agile: you have experience with working in an Agile setting and worked in a Scrum team before. You understand the core of Agile and are able to help the team become more mature. (Optional)