Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
As a Web Engineer you will be involved in the development of systems to support our production.
The systems provide support in the design, manufacture, testing and logistics of our products, such as digital maps for navigation systems.
Furthermore, develop and maintain support solutions for automatically synchronizing external bug track processing systems with our internal (based on Jira) bug tracking system.
You are responsible for the realization (construction and design) of applications based on modern internet technologies.
You know how to present the results and process feedback.
In addition, you will deal with the analysis of bug reports from users and deploying a solution. You get the opportunity to work in a dynamic business settings.
Work will be done according to an Agile Methodology. You will work in a small team together with fellow software engineers led by a project lead.
Our company incorporates the European Advanced Research Lab and Corporate Development activities. We are a China-based technology company who is leading the way to become the “Digital Brain of Intelligent Driving” with core businesses in HD map, high accuracy positioning and automotive-grade semiconductors for ADAS and autonomous driving.
Founded in 2002, we are the market leader in navigation map, dynamic traffic information, navigation software development and state-of-the-art customized telematics solutions to both passenger and commercial vehicles.
Now, we are ushering in the age of autonomous driving with a comprehensive technology development strategy and laying the foundation to become one of the most trustworthy autonomous driving solution providers in the China market and beyond.
To be discussed
Knowledge and skills:
- Academic or HBO level of working and thinking.
- Several years experience in a similar function.
- Solid Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL, Postgres, or other RDBMS.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design, development, and architectural principles.
- Experience in working with ETL Process Ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience with REST integration to backend systems is a strong advantage.
- Experience with other programming languages like Python (Django) is a strong plus.
You are able to:
- Translate requirements into creative and modern web applications.
- Collect the requirements for active users.
- Interface between system and user(s) to address as user-friendly and pragmatic as possible. This can vary from GUI to import various mechanisms and programming.
- Understand data model to explain and propagate.
- Establish and maintain modular architecture.