Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
For ASML data is an asset which has an increasing business value and which we need to protect and properly manage. Therefore, managing our data assets (quality, definitions, owners, change control, …) becomes increasingly important. Do you like to structure, define and model data landscapes, and are you able to use your skills in a very dynamical and high-tech business environment? Are you capable to work multi-disciplinary with various stakeholders like business, different projects, processes & IT applications to secure the consistency within ASML? Then we are looking for you.
The Business Information/Data Modeller is responsible for the translation of various business requirements into conceptual and logical data models and safeguards consistent link with physical data models. The Business Information/Data Modeller is able to abstract daily activities from a data & information perspective on an enterprise level. He/she masters Industry modelling standards (example: TMF SID) and is able to translate these models into useful simplifications of complex ASML reality. As a Business Information/Data modeller you are also able to communicate and persuade linking the various ASML terminologies and processes to these industry standards and debate with the user groups at different levels. You are able to creatively find out-of-the-box analogies to bring alive the abstract matter.
Context of the position
The CDO ambition is to ensure availability of high quality and trusted data for ASML management, employees and customers. By treating data as a valuable asset, we are able to unlock its value for ASML and increasing our revenue, realizing operational excellence and protecting our company. The CDO office is currently positioned within IT and focuses on establishing ASML-wide common foundation that are needed to realize our data ambition, including data & information governance and corresponding data architecture. The culture within CDO is informal, open, direct, pragmatical and result driven.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- 6-10 Years experience in business information/data modelling
- Proven experience in the development, validation, publishing and maintaining logical data models and their relationship with physical data models;
- Interpret and validate Business Inquiries and Business Use Cases in the light of the logical data models;
- Experience with data modelling tools (ERwin / Enterprise Architect / ...);
- Experience with reversed engineering and evaluating existing data models deviations and variations of the logical data model;
- Experience in the development, validation, publishing and maintenance of metadata for the data models and their documentation;
- Experience with the enforcement of naming conventions to ensure consistency and reuse;
- Experience in handling and optimizing the use of differing parallel data models;
- Getting things done’ and hands-on mentality
- Act decisively and take responsibility
- Demonstrate flexibility and pragmatism
- Think broadly
- Collaborative attitude and build relationships at different levels
- Able to deal with resistance
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in the English language
- Capable of switching between classical PMM methodology and Agile approach