Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their clients microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Are you challenged by driving Engineering Improvements and are you able to translate this into an operational environment for engineering simulation? Then the ASML high performance data analytics team is the perfect environment for you to build and deploy solutions in close collaboration with our users that are in need of your solutions fast.
Context of the position
The HPDA specialist will be part of the HPDA devops team (9 fte) which is part of the Competence Center hardware engineering.
Co-Develop, implement, deploy and maintain the HPDA stack at ASML in close co-operation with the internal customer and the HPDA DevOps team. This job is focused on elevating the HPDA stacks (worldwide) to a higher level of automation, introducing cloud technologies in the stack and expanding the HPDA platform towards the cloud.
As HPDA specialist you will develop, extend, implement, deploy and maintain the simulation environment for ASML. Your focus will be on working with the internal customer to optimize their simulation workflows. You will work closely together with the HPDA system engineers and application benchmark specialist to identify usability bottlenecks and will also drive the architectural evolution of the system to maximize application manageability and performance. You will be part of the DevOps team for the HPDA ecosystem and in that role also work closely together with all member of the team on all relevant stories in our sprints. Your main focus area will be on automation, introducing cloud technologies in the stack and expanding the HPDA platform towards the cloud.
Besides this your responsibilities include:
- Define improvement proposals that focus on usability and stability of the setup;
- Strong partner in discussions with solution team system architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments;
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of improvements;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
At least master level or equivalent in computer science and/or Engineering.
- Particularly relevant areas of expertise might include
- At least 10 years of relevant experience operating large scale computational infrastructures
- Strong track record in the area of automation and cloud technologies
- Experience with K8S and virtualization technologies like OpenStack or VMWare
- Experience with migration of workloads from on prem to cloud and/or vice versa
- Experience with Bright Cluster manager is a pre
- Experience with gitops way of working is a pre
- Highly motivated team player.
- Shows initiative and problem-solving attitude.
- Vision and opinion.
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem-solving.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.