Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
In the IT Product & Technology Software Innovation department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2500). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines that using some of the most advanced technologies on the planet. We are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artifact storage, etc.). We are looking for a team member to help migrate our code, CI/CD and build system to the new development environment.
Your job is to prepare and execute the technical work packages related to migrating the ASML software to the new git based source control system, CI/CD system and build system. This seems a simple task, but size and complexity make this a challenging assignment.
You will be working in the multidisciplinary migration team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. Our teams typically consist of 4-7 highly skilled and educated people.
The migration is part of the Greenhouse project. The project goal is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment. The new environment will evolve step by step to a new toolset.
Key requirements are enabling DevSecOps practices using industry standards. The platform will be cloud-ready and based on a hybrid cloud infrastructure foundation. Teams are empowered through self-service capabilities and flexibility to add capabilities and tools to the environment. The software development environment is mission critical and must support the highest level of IP protection (top secret). With the large community to be serviced, all processes such as onboarding a new developer or providing new or other development stacks to teams must be fully automated and self-serviceable.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Excellent Remuneration (depending on level of expertise)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, commuting allowance or potentially a lease car)
- Intensive support for international candidates (Including, Visa support, 30% rule, Free Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Community/network/assignments with other technology professionals from a variety of our multinational clients; ASML, Philips, NXP, KLM, Rabobank, Siemens, MSD, Canon etc.
- Development opportunities, full access to the New Heroes training portal & the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Formal education should include a Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development & engineering and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
Knowledge & experience
- Software development using C/C++, Python
- Strong knowledge on ecosystems (SCM and CI/CD) such as GitHub (is a plus), Atlassian, Azure DevOps
- Linux (RHEL) and similar operating systems
- Build systems (Bazel is a plus, Cmake)
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Powershell
- Infrastructure as code tools (such as Rundeck, Terraform, Puppet)
- Containerization knowledge & experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud and on-prem platforms (Azure, GCP, VMWare, K8S)
- DevSecOps tools and principles
- Bonus: Experience with ASML software development
- Team player
- Proactive personality, going the extra mile
- A quick and eager learner of unfamiliar tools and technologies
- Has a drive towards analysing and solving problems
- Result oriented: achieve goals on short and long term
- Is pragmatic, prefers quality over quick fixes
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment
- Has the agile mindset
- Has excellent communication skills