Secondment via YER
IT & Telecom
About this vacancy
As a Software Designer, you are part of a test environment team which is responsible to install, control and maintain dedicated test areas for the Image Guided Therapy Research (IGT) and Research & Development (R&D) organization.
The software designer is responsible to manage dedicated PC’s for the test environment, which are used in our test environment & test network and to define/maintain the software of the test bay planning and reservation tools. The planning/reservation tool is self-made but based on existing hardware and standard software. The activities are similar to a system administrator as well as software development. It includes the definition of the software set of the PC’s used in the test areas, network environment and discussion with local IT organization to improve and manage the IT assets. Next to that, the software designer shall work together with the test community to further develop/maintain the software for the test bay planning and reservation tool using the SAFe method.
Furthermore, you are the first contact regarding problems with PC’s and network in the test environment and you solve related problems and (if needed) performing repairs.
You deliver technical services & solutions to our customers and facilitating them in expansions that they do by active thinking and by taking the lead.
- Maintains planning of the test areas and systems in close cooperation with the projects, IS-OPS, RS and other IGT customers
- Controls and documents dedicated PC’s and other IT tools used in test system configuration (status control & accounting).
- Gathering user and system requirements from the test community and projects to further develop the reservation/planning tool.
- Maintain the planning/reservation tools as well as extending the developed software.
- Execute, document and implement changes on the planning and reservation tool.
- Analyses problems, pro-actively involving others if needed in trouble-shooting
- Orders, controls, and documents PC and other IT material for our test systems
- Supports projects in proto-typing PC’s and realization test set-ups
- Creates and maintains safe and neat test environment in order to ensure users safety in line with the ARBO law.
- Few days on site in Best
- Dutch is not a must
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
- Bachelor+ degree in Software Engineering or Informatics
- Service experience in a complex (high-tech) industry
- “Can do” mentality, pro-active and open attitude
- Knowledge and experience with system administration.
- Excellent communicative skills
- Improvement attitude and quality minded
- Eager to learn and willing to follow training