Secondment via YER, Interim/independent
About this vacancy
For our client Philips, YER is looking for a Global Head of Communications, PR & Events for Domestic Appliances who will be working at the Philips HQ (Amsterdam). It's a full-time, temporary assignment, beginning immediately and initially lasting until the end of the year.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
lead and professionalize the global Philips Domestic Appliances Communications, PR & Events function. You are responsible for the companys integrated communications strategy, and lead the execution of programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization. You will play a vital role in helping to build the reputation of Philips Domestic Appliances and of Philips as a leader in domestic appliances. You lead a small global team of professionals responsible for employee, external and leadership communications and events. You will also provide and set up communications guidelines and materials, and co-create with the (communications) professionals throughout Domestic Appliancess business, markets and functions.
You will also support the CEO of Domestic Appliances with his internal, leadership and external communications and lead financial, issues and crisis communications.
You (and your team) are responsible to:
- lead and set up the global Philips Domestic Appliances Communications, PR & Events function.
- take ownership of integrated communications strategies, ensuring global execution and activation in close collaboration with your communications & events team, communications teams in markets and marketing teams.
- evaluate and prioritize key communications opportunities in line with the companys strategy, maximizing value and impact.
- work closely with the relevant stakeholders in the businesses, markets and functions to continuously develop and manage a multi-channel communications plan with a focus on Domestic Appliances businesses and innovations.
- advise board and leadership members on integrated communications strategies and execution. This can include employee and leadership engagement, media, thought leadership, speaker engagements, social communications and issues and crisis communications.
- lead issues and crisis communications, working closely with the relevant teams (e.g. businesses, legal, quality & regulatory), and are responsible for the companys CEO spokesmanship.
- create and drive integrated communications strategies for senior executives aimed at driving thought leadership, gaining mindshare and driving preference and familiarity with the Philips Domestic Appliances brand and businesses, and extending Philips Domestic Appliances as a leader in domestic appliances.
- lead editorial planning process and its content, leveraged internally and externally. Ownership for Domestic Appliances newscenter and global social media channels Twitter and LinkedIn.
- set up and create regular global standardized measurement in line with Lean principles, guidelines, templates, communications materials and editorial planning, and drive adoption across the company.
- ensure structural alignment of content, messaging and planning across the communications and events ecosystem.
Place in organization:
You lead the newly established entrepreneurial, dynamic and ambitious Global Communications, PR and Events team in Philips Domestic Appliances. You will report to the Head of Marketing & e-Commerce and are part of Domestic Appliances Interactive Leadership Team and the Marketing Leadership Team.
In return, we offer you
A meaningful temporary assigment, with challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines.
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with approximately 7,500 employees and EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves. In March 2021, Philips announced that it had signed an agreement to sell its Domestic Appliances business to Hillhouse Capital, a global investment firm focused on helping companies achieve long-term sustainable growth through digital innovation and enablement. The transaction is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2021.
In its 130 year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the companys successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to make their mark and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment - those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. We offer:
- Good employee benefits;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies;
- There is also the possibility of being hired as a freelancer.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Master Degree-level education, with 10+ years of experience in internal and external communications and events, in an international matrixed / business environment;
- Experience and responsibility leading and setting up a high-performing communications & events function;
- Ability to engage and activate a team of communications and event professionals in a direct and indirect reporting line, managing by influence, driving impact in an agile environment;
- Possess analytical skills and ability to execute with high quality standards, working alongside and with the teams;
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines, with a strong results-orientation;
- Advanced project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously with flawless attention to detail;
- Experience in working in (and preferably with a passion for) consumer (technology) industries;
- Experience in developing and executing internal and external communications strategies (incl social media), and driving execution and adoption;
- Experience in handling crisis and issues (communications), including CEO & company spokespersonship;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and collaborate in nature, managing to success both upwards and downwards in the organization; experience with multiple and diverse groups, including board members and business leaders;
- Apply strong business acumen to work and understands the role of strategic communications and events in driving the company's reputation;
- Overall control of planning, staffing, measurement, budgeting, expense priorities and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Experience in managing communications agencies and external partnerships to ensure on-time delivery of programs;
- Excellent English language writing skills and communication experience in an English-speaking business environment.