Secondment via YER
About this vacancy
The Team Leader Field Service ensures excellence in “executions” of customer and internal orders and provides excellent service to the customers; manages a team of field service engineers and secures proper support from maintenance and support engineering. The role is responsible for efficiency and effectiveness of the team to maintain and enhance their performance in order to meet organizational and individual objectives. The role oversees actual and forecast service orders, plans resources and activities proactively to deliver results within delegated time & budget and in accordance with QSHE and all other regulations of the company.
- Effectively plans work tasks, resources, materials and tools for quality customer service delivery, for both actual and forecast orders; prioritizes and delegates work tasks to ensure readiness of deliverables on time and for proper functioning of the team
- Ensures engineering support to complete and up-to-date documentation for all work processes and procedures
- Ensures deployment of competent and representative resources at sites in terms of company outfit, attitude (communication & QSHE wise) and technical performance; ensures customer signed checklists of work performed prior to leaving sites
- Monitors and regularly audits the health of the work being done and customer service being provided; ensures the team (including temporary personnel) adheres to all regulations, work instructions and procedures; ensures the executions are carried out effectively, correctly and thoroughly
- Ensures that the team complies with Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (QSHE) company standards and regulations
- Ensures quality control gate in the engineering processes including technical information for supplying all materials and goods for works; monitors and registers executional repeating issues to define patterns; liaises with the QSHE department in case of discrepancies and performs improvement opportunities, corrective and preventive actions to avoid re-occurrence
- Builds and maintains relations between the team and other departments as well as contractors and intercompany for an effective communication and collaboration, responding on company urgencies in an efficient and constructive manner
- Effectively connects the on-site and off-site team members, coaches and manages the team to ensure company objectives and personal goals are being carried out, if necessary, carries out the job duties personally to ensure completeness work at highest quality
- Ensures proactive, competent and effective team is achieved and sustained by driving an outlook of work loading against capacity with aim to maximize usage of efforts within the Service & Workshop department and with aim for scheduling trainings of the team members
- Liaises with company management to support and implement change and growth strategies
- Identifies and implements actions to improve quality of service, productivity and profitability
- Ensures the department’s budget requirements are met
- Evaluates performance of the team, set goals based on the company objectives
- Identifies and address team training and coaching needs, ensures the team to get there
- Performs administrative tasks including all (periodical-) department reports
- Develops and monitors the department’s performance and orders results by KPI’s
- Develops and acquires knowledge of/from existing staff, plans knowledge transfer to next generation, and proactively addresses staff rejuvenation actions
- Supports the Commercial department technically in acquiring Service projects
- Creates frameworks and efficient administration steps for outsourcing services at the best procurement conditions in cooperation with Supply Chain department
- Demonstrates the ownership, management and documentation of tooling and tool containers for Field works, ensures validity and serviceability of equipment, materials and tooling for field work, ensures acceptable and preventative condition of tool containers
- Keeps track of innovative methods, equipment and tools to increase efficiency and quality of works
- Analyses, optimizes and develops maintenance schedules-strategies
- With support of Engineering, sets up and leads RCA sessions, uses proper RCA tools
Our client Ansaldo Thomassen B.V. (ATH) is the leading high-technology after market service provider for multi-OEM platform gas turbine plants worldwide. Their mission is to support customers in their needs by providing flexible and reliable gas turbine products and services to improve the total life cycle costs and to reduce carbon footprint.
Their vision is to supply cost-effective advanced retrofit solutions for a Clean Energy World. ATH is leading a consortium targeting the demonstration of gas turbine retrofit technology for hydrogen. This technology will allow flex operation from 0-100% hydrogen in machines sized from 1MW to 300MW.
The significant growth of renewables (solar and wind) in markets such as Europe have highlighted the tremendous opportunity and need for balancing with fast/flexible/clean electrical generation. Gas turbines offer the ideal solution for grid balancing, and many gas turbines in Europe are restarting to take advantage of the opportunity. By harvesting the excess electricity in peak renewable generation periods through the production of hydrogen, and then releasing this fuel into gas turbines when renewable generation swings to under supply, existing gas turbines can be effectively retrofit to become super batteries. Balancing the electrical grid with carbon free hydrogen fuel is becoming a primary focus for economic stimulus in Europe. ATH is actively involved leading this technology evolution with our retrofits for renewables.
Working at Ansaldo means working in a positive working atmosphere with good working conditions. We offer a sustainable career with an eye for your personal development, and in which growth is possible within the various disciplines of the organization. We coordinate the needs of the organization and the wishes of the employee as much as possible. Internal and external training can be part of this and every employee has an annual training budget for this.
ATH has a collegial working atmosphere where colleagues help and challenge each other. Together we work on the organizational goals and where necessary, we are flexible in our efforts to satisfy our customer.
ATH is ready for the future and playing a significant role within the energy transition, partnering up with business partners fully dedicated to deliver High Hydrogen Gas Turbine Retrofits within the very near future. Would you like to be part of this transition?
- Technical Bachelor’s degree level in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering/Marine, Business Administrations, Management or equivalent
b. Additional Training:
- Management of people including situational leadership or similar
- Six Sigma green belt or above
- GE heavy-duty gas turbine training
- SSC** Full (VCA Vol) certified
- Basic computer skills working experience with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Planning tools, preferably Primavera P6 and or MS planning
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar position within the oil & gas, energy, offshore or similar industries
d. Personal skills:
- Adapts and aligns with strategy and direction; able to drive change management
- Excellent customer care and focus; ability to assess customers’ needs and provide supports
- Able to think fast and respond to issues with an empathic and professional manner
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Encouraging to team, able to mentor, lead and grow people
- Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Able to analyse data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Comfortable and flexible in both a leadership and team-player role
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge